NSW Wentworth Point

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Rachel12345, 12th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Rachel12345

Rachel12345 New Member

Hi all,

I have noticed that apartments in Wentworth Point appear to be cheaper than surrounding suburbs. Does anyone know why this is the case, or if you think prices will begin to increase over time to match the rest of Sydney?

Thanks!

2. oneone

oneone Well-Known Member

Its a high density area, lots of developers. It also has poorer transport then its neighbour Rhodes. I I know people who live Newington, just past Wentworth point, the buses that go towards city goes through Rhodes first before going along the newish Bennelong bridge and by the time it gets to Wentworth point there are no seats, some times its hard to even get on a bus at peak hour. Other option is to walk across that bridge for the train station, if you don't mind that.

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Mozzies, contaminated site (encapsulated/remediated), lack of transport & road infrastructure, accessibility issues etc.

4. tangy

tangy Well-Known Member

u should google defect buildings in this area. i remember coming across a few a while ago...proceed with caution and due dillegence

5. LisaGreen

LisaGreen New Member

I also find this. My friend recomended a brand new two bedroom apartment the price is only 700K+ in wentworth point

6. Zoolander

Zoolander Well-Known Member

There's only one road and roundable into Wentworth point which makes for a terrible daily commute. Not sure if anything can be done about it. There was some lite news coverage about it a while ago.

The footbridge to Rhodes offers a nice way to get to the station but I think it's about a 20min walk (a kick scooter could cut that in half).

7. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

I know you should never purchase a property purely based on emotion and fickle things but a friend who lives in the area told me that there are alot of good looking single people in the area. He's been invited to several parties and got to know some of his neighbors really well. I do like the hill sprints in the walk area.

Ekin200 and stevenn like this.