VIC Wendouree, Ballarat

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Robbo03, 11th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Robbo03

Robbo03 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Ive asked a few individuals on PC who have provided some valuable info but I though I'd put the question out to all to see if I can get any more info. Im looking at a property in Wendouree, specifically Gillies St North, and as a part of my due diligence I am hoping to get some feedback on the area, good, bad, or ugly.

I am after a buy and hold investment that has at least neutral cash flow and ability to subdivide down the track. Growth in the short/medium term is also required.

I am aware that this is on the edge of the undesirable 'triangle' and tenant selection will be imperative.

This area is extremely affordable which can Be a catalyst for growth, but are there any other drivers in play here which will increase demand? Gentrification? Is this street too busy? If you could negotiate a solid price would you buy here or elsewhere (keeping in mind we can buy up to ~350k). Is this likely to be one of those places that is forever a 'slum' or can you invisage more affluent people moving in? Having never been there I'm after any information I can get!

Our BA has already provided information but I thought I'd leave this out to ensure info provided from PCers isn't skewed.

Many thanks in advance.

Robbo

2. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

I'd be concerned about adequate capital growth on that road. It is a very busy road. There is a lot of incidence of lots of people living in one house going on in that area - it is not uncommon to walk into a house and find that there are 3 Singapore Airlines student pilots living in each bedroom. Accordingly the kitchen and bathroom in particular get an absolute flogging which is not helpful to cashflow.

Robbo03 and Toon like this.
  3. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

I saw Wendouree and instantly thought wine.

Robbo03 likes this.