Well worth a look

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by euro73, 21st Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia

Don't forget to grab some coffee or some popcorn , and you may need a sick bag too .....

Last edited: 21st Mar, 2021
    hammer, aussieB, Gockie and 1 other person like this.
  2. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

My favorite :p
    Screenshot_20210321-093312_Samsung Internet.jpg

3. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Words fail me. I know why I don't do KDRs, new houses or new apartments.

Last edited: 21st Mar, 2021
    Stoffo likes this.
  4. skater

skater Well-Known Member

OMG! I'm gobsmacked!

5. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

Just spent 10 mins looking at that FB page....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Can't believe they do that stuff in this day and age.

6. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Credit to some of the builders though, "built as per plan" no matter how WRONG the plan is (exame, the sliding laundry door opening next to the tub!).

Cousinit and Sackie like this.
  7. Cousinit

Cousinit Well-Known Member

Gosh, it must be easy to become a trades person these days:rolleyes:

8. euro73

Its really unbelievable isn't it? Setting aside whether some of the subcontracted tradies are much good at their craft or not, just the willingness to do things to other peoples houses that they'd lose their minds over if it was done to theirs, is what gets me. You can just see them losing their **** at the smallest things, yet they will happily deliver not just substandard, but dangerously substandard work ....

Last edited by a moderator: 21st Mar, 2021
  9. aussieB

aussieB Well-Known Member

Now, I am a bit more proud of my child's lego building skills !

euro73 likes this.
  10. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Anyway, thanks for the FB link @euro73.

11. Clean Cookie

Clean Cookie Well-Known Member

I find the fact people are saying the compliant tap/gpo isn't complaint but it is. I see some dumb stuff but don't throw "that's not to code/illegal" around unless you're qualified to give an answer. But some things are hilarious. Concreters are a special breed at times.

12. euro73

The company who I provided the FB link to are qualified to offer commentary - that's the point of their FB page; to photograph and comment on specific examples of work they think deserves to be called out

13. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

made my day :D

Imagine just home many lazy/stupid mistakes they come across every week :confused:
    It is probably only a "special" few that are idiotic enough to make it onto FB :p

Clean Cookie likes this.
  14. Clean Cookie

My comment was directed at the comments underneath the photos, not from the company who posted them. I've never personally seen an electrical job on a new build 100% compliant and probably never will. It's too expensive to do it right

15. euro73

I think its less about 100% compliance, and more about outright dodgy brothers stuff..... They aren't picking on minor stuff in any of their posts

Clean Cookie likes this.
  16. Clean Cookie

Agreed. But putting a tap directly above a power point, waterproof or not is 100% fine, contrary to logical opinion, just cannot be a container of water nearby a gpo. Had one last week that was next to a filtered water outlet but because there was no fixed container underneath to hold liquid, deemed to be legal!

It's ironic that people expect perfection on some jobs but happy to forego other trades because you don't see it.

17. euro73

I don't think the company expects perfection. I think the point of their FB page is that people should engage inspectors to provide thorough inspections during the build, and in particular/ specifically when slabs go down and before plasterers are in ... so that things you cant see later on, get seen early ... and expensive problems later on are avoided.

We all understand that even well executed work can sometimes require repairs or maintenance later on .... But a "sometimes" outcome as a result of OK work is different to a "certain" outcome as a result of deliberately shoddy work. It's as much the disdain as the outcome, is the point ... these trades and supervisors/builders believe it's OK to do work this shoddy because it will be hidden

I wonder how the same tradies and builders and supervisors who are responsible for such shoddy work would feel if the people who work on their own homes did similarly shoddy work that cost them thousands to remedy later on? or if the mechanic working on their vehicles did deliberately shoddy work that cost them thousands to remedy later on? or really, if any service they paid for ( construction related or not ) did such shoddy work , deliberately? Not well, is the answer....but they happily do it to others.

I think its gutless and cowardly and they should be called out on it if they do it and knowingly allow it to happen on their sites

mitsui, Clean Cookie and Bunbury like this.