Wealth creation is pretty simple really.

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by dunno, 2nd Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Anne11

Anne11 Well-Known Member

I bought today. Still have some money to buy this week.

Since Feb 2020 I have been buying, in total a large sum into the market outside and inside super.

2. pippen

pippen Well-Known Member

Great stuff @Anne11, staying the course and buying in all market conditions. ;)

orangestreet, monk and Islay like this.
  3. Anne11

Anne11 Well-Known Member

Keep thinking about @pippen keeps buying ARG, but it is not on a discount so I thought why not VAS.

my main aim at the moment is to keep buying to a certain target amount, I might ‘time’ the market just to have a sense of control( not months but days- silly I know) but really, in hindsight I should have chucked the lot into super last year (I chickened out as my friend was telling me to wait)

4. pippen

pippen Well-Known Member

It's all mindset and behavioural. My library is getting more impressive by the week! I just keep tipping in pesos to argo and every quarter vas. Quantity of shares going up distributions and dividends will continue to fluctuate up and down as they have since the beginning of time, not much I can do to control that. ;)

Zenith Chaos, Ynot, monk and 2 others like this.
  5. Islay

Islay Well-Known Member

Investing as much as we could as often as we could has worked out ok for us. Don't sweat the small stuff and try and ignore the noise folks - sometimes it can be very distracting. We hold direct shares, Lics and ETF's. ETF's are the new kids on the block and some can be a good investment but it doesn't mean we have to sell our other investments to invest in them. I don't even want to think about the capital gain consequences. It's the dividends from the shares and Lics that we eat and use to pay our bills. Everything else is just nice to have.

6. Anne11

Anne11 Well-Known Member

I don’t have that much discipline though. It’s work in progress. Would have parked funds in offsets but I fixed them all so no choice but buy. I am not used to having cash in the saving account.

MWI, pippen and Islay like this.
  7. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Neither 8 pesos or 80 pesos won't get you much of either. You'd better starting investing using AU$ instead.

Just my AU$0.02.

Ynot, MTR, pippen and 1 other person like this.
  8. Anne11

Anne11 Well-Known Member

this short clip touches on the different approaches to income in retirement. Either from dividends or selling down equity or a bit of both.

9. mtat

mtat Well-Known Member

100%

I don't see anyone suggesting that. And I don't think anyone here really cares what people do with their money, I don't at least :)

I did switch everything over from LICs and individual stocks to ETFs, but that was early on when my portfolio was only a few grand.

number 5 and Islay like this.
  10. Zenith Chaos

Zenith Chaos Well-Known Member

Hockey Monkey and ChrisP73 like this.
  11. Zenith Chaos

Zenith Chaos Well-Known Member

Most people can not plan, let alone understand why the passive plan is superior to betting the farm on bitcoin.

ChrisP73 and orangestreet like this.
  12. Baker

Baker Well-Known Member

Wonderful nugget from the Pension Craft dude's new podcast that if Warren Buffett had started his same investing journey (from the age of 30yo) with the average savings of $25,000 and not the $3,900,000 he already had, then today he'd be worth $12,000,000 and not $85,000,000,000.

Helps to be rich to get rich(er).

13. monk

monk Well-Known Member

Reckon I'd be happy enough with just 12mil., but then I always did aim a little too low :(.

Ynot, sharon, wylie and 1 other person like this.