WA Weak Outlook for Iron Ore...

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Who???, 22nd Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Who???

Who??? New Member

Have seen this phrase popping up a fair bit lately. FMG has been getting clobbered and for some reason it makes me think of the Perth property market as well. What's everyone think about that? Perth seems like a large mining town to me, and more than a bit at the mercy of iron ore prices.

2. Cmelderis

Cmelderis Well-Known Member

What do I think, that maybe I should buy some FMG shares while they are down ;)

3. Millie

Millie Well-Known Member

WA is not just iron ore.
    • Commodities
      Aluminium; Aluminum, Base metals, Bauxite, Cesium, Chromium, Coal, Cobalt, Copper, Diamond, Fluorite, Garnet, Gold, Graphite, Gypsum, Iron, Kaolin; Kaolinite, Lead, Limestone, Lithium, Magnesite, Manganese, Molybdenum, Natural gas, Nickel, Niobium, Palladium, Phosphate; Phosphate rock, Platinum Group Elements; Platinum Group Metals, Potassium, Rare earth elements, Silica sand, Silver, Talc, Tantalum, Tin, Titanium, Tungsten, Vanadium, Zinc, Zirconium

charttv likes this.
  4. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Iron ore price breaks $US200/tonne

Iron ore prices have hit another record mark, surpassing $US200 ($259) per tonne to outdo last month’s historic high.

5. Mulianto

Mulianto ~~

Amazing... but be grateful while it lasts

6. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

FMG has been doing great.
    I've been selling out of the money puts on the dips.
    Everyone has been bearish on them for a while and major funds divested, and yet it' earning keep growing.
    Prices will fluctuate but there's no reason for Iron ore demand to wain next few years.
    The risk is China stops imports.

7. Mark F

Mark F Well-Known Member

I understand that part of the high iron ore price is Vale being unable to deliver normal quantities of Brazilian iron ore. Ultimately that supply will resume and may well be favoured by China in order to exacerbate the economic pain to Australia. It will certainly lead to reduced prices.

8. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Quote..
    In 2020, Australia remained the largest supplier of iron ore with 732Mt, up from 691Mt in 2019, mainly due to higher quality and favourable transportation cost,” says GlobalData mining analyst David Kurtz. “China imported 313.8Mt of iron ore from Brazil, South Africa, and India put together, which is less than half of what China imports from Australia.”

How China is moving beyond Australia for its iron ore hunger

The battle for Simandou