Water ingress fault on Power circuit

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by 212, 22nd Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 212

212 Guest

Hi Guys,
    on Monday I received an invoice from the REA for a $340 Electrician bill. didn't say anything except there was water ingress fault, identified, tested and OK.

I contacted the REA for the bill, what did they do, what was the reason, was it temporary of permanently fixed?. the REA didn't have a clue, he said that there was no power in the house on the weekend, and this is considered an emergency call.

I told the agent to hold off the payment, until I get proper explanation for the issue, tried to call them twice without response.

My concern is water with electricity could cause fire, and the issue could happen again because root cause is not fixed.

Do you guys have had a similar situation before. Please advise from your experience.

Thanks
    Ramez

2. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Ask for the name of the electrician and contact them direct to find out what was wrong.

As an emergency repair you have no option but to pay.
    Marg

3. 212

212 Guest

they have a 1300 number, and they don't give the electrician number, they say they will call back but never do.

4. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

That is odd, who has the 1300 ?

5. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

It's not elecfirst by any chance is it?

6. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

Do you still need a sparky cause happy to help out as im one that is if you need one..Is it in melb??

7. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Press them for the number of the sparkie and tell them nobody has called back. Suggest you may post a bad review of their business if you don't get answers.

I'm not one to do this but after bad service from a kitchen appliance repaired in an IP I did just that. They contacted me with a financial compromise if I followed up the review and said they dealt with the problem.

Ensure they know you want more details of the problem and the fix and are not just trying to avoid paying the account.

8. Ting

Ting Member

Water with electricity will not cause fire, water will cause short circuit and trips earth leakage device then whatever appliances in the same circuit will have no power.
    I am interested what your electrician says...

Ting

9. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

My PM agreements state that all invoices must detail the what was presented to the contractor upon seeing the issue (usually a photograph or description), possible cause (tenant, wear and tear etc) and then what works were undertaken.