Watching the Druie Drop in Slow Motion

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by sash, 17th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Does your mate develop apartment or just buy & hold for the property in Auburn ?

2. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Thats all you have to say? Common man. Just because I havent been on the forums doesnt mean a thing. I've been investing since I was 21. Bought my first house whilst going to University and working full time at the same time.

You know I have very very valid points and a strong case. Anyway I'm not expecting love from everyone. I know there are doubters in every industry - even my 9 - 5 I have guys questioning my abilities but you just let the prices and actions talk. that is all.

I'm been in the game a long long time even though I am fairly youngish.

DYOR like i always say.

3. eletronic_exp0430

He does both. We grew up together but he is not from the area.

Tekoz likes this.
  4. noogie60

noogie60 Well-Known Member

What makes you do super confident that your research and analysis is so flawless?
    Others with decades of experience in the area are nervous, are you really so sure of your research and analysis to be this gung ho? Is your research so super superior?
    You can be a cowboy all you want - after all it's your money (and any loans as well)

Last edited: 6th Jun, 2017
    Booming Sunnyvale likes this.
  5. eletronic_exp0430

Nothing is certain in life. Heck I could get run over by a bus tomorrow or crash my car racing at eastern creek on the weekends. Who knows.

I have 100% confidence in myself. Sometimes that is all that's needed in investing and in other parts of life. Your right its my money (or the investors money) so take it with a grain of salt.

I've always said - DYOR. I realised one thing in life. You meet 2 kinds of people.

1) People that actually take hold and drive their own success and believe in themselves by taking action not just talking
    2) People that talk and talk and talk and take no action their entire lives.

I've learnt not to listen to people and always rely on my own research. I ALWAYS endorse this.

Kis Kis likes this.
  6. Booming Sunnyvale

Booming Sunnyvale Well-Known Member

Depends what you define by sheep. I think you are going to have better success being a "sheep" of the, as fols put it, "experienced investors on PC who have serious knowledge gained via the IP school of hard knocks over multiple cycles in multiple States." than attempting to chase further growth in Sydney on stupidly low yields.

See Change likes this.
  7. Tonibell

Tonibell Well-Known Member

@sash Your first post in this thread was in October 2015.

The statement was that prices would fall back by 10% within 6 months and 35% by 2019.
    The starting prices were increased for effect as per the usual approach.

So 19 months down the track - how do you reckon they compare ?

Last edited: 6th Jun, 2017
    RetireRich101 and See Change like this.
  8. sash

sash Well-Known Member

It ain't 2019 Tonibell........lets wait and see.......even you maybe surprised....NO one market continues to perform forever...that is a fact.

All I can say is that I continue to execute to my plan....$10m net is looking like 2020....or earlier...

I am also selling down in some areas to take profit...unfortunately nothing in Sydney will be sold...nor in Melbourne.

How are you managing the tax liability on your sales?

9. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Do you mean net assets? After all loans ?

10. Yson

Yson Well-Known Member

i am happy to retire with net $10m

11. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yep.....if all goes well in non-Sydney NSW....Outer Melb/Geelong...Brisbane...and Adelaide..plus accumulated cash savings...

If Perth performs earlier...it could happen earlier.

Also based on the premise I am still acquiring (more like replacing non-performers) due to tightening loan criteria

12. Tonibell

@sash I'd conservatively say the prices have grown 15% since October 2015 - so you are way behind on your first predication (fall of 10%).

Can we agree you have got the last 2 years 100% wrong ?

The taxes ? They will be paid in cash when due.

Last edited: 7th Jun, 2017
    RetireRich101 likes this.
  13. sash

sash Well-Known Member

The music ain't over........I guess...that you need to go through one cycle...it would seem to me a lot of Sydney people have grown way to used to continued price rises...it will be interesting to see what happens on how they react to a down market....the WA boys/gal realised this....could it be Sydney's time?

Last edited by a moderator: 9th Jun, 2017
  14. Yson

Yson Well-Known Member

In few years time, we will know.

15. Tonibell

@sash I've had Sydney property continuously since the 1980s - so will cope with whatever happens.

Just enjoying how you have said the same thing about Sydney for over 2 years while the market has done the exact opposite.

It has a long way to fall before it gets to back to the point where you were calling "crash" - but still you go on quoting your expertise in predicting these trends.

Just a lack of self awareness I guess.

Wukong, skater, Biz and 2 others like this.
  16. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Then you should understand cycles...now move along...we all know just because you made 10% since 2015...it means nothing unless you realise the profits.

Now move along...

I have self awareness...the fact you chose to take what I said out of context is again telling. I distinctly saying 2019.....so who cares if you made 10-15% now...that could come off more than that by then.

Last edited by a moderator: 9th Jun, 2017
  17. Tonibell

@sash OK, no more from me.

RetireRich101 likes this.
  18. sash

sash Well-Known Member

look forward your thread should have sold in sydney and managed my exposure.

each to their own....i could care less i am staying on the exit plan in 3 years.:D

its all apples from where i sit no hype thread needed or negative emotions to the bleeding obvious

watch those i/o loans they will bring a lot undone this cycle

19. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

I do like "the Druie" reference. It's as though it's a stockmarket index like "the Dow Jones". All that happens in real estate tracks "the Druie" perhaps :p:p:p

WattleIdo likes this.
  20. Pentanol

Pentanol Well-Known Member

Yeah I wouldn't have any borrowing capacity left to buy anywhere in Sydney anyway but just my thoughts based on what I'm seeing further away with H+L packages. The more established areas with older houses are looking like good value compared to the new stuff. You're probably right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.