Waste water drain

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Investing101, 18th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Council accept email? Next thing you'll try to makeme believe is that they use computers too.

2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

3. Investing101

Investing101 Well-Known Member

it took 9 days for GCCC to respond with:

Please find the City does provide a service for the information you have requested, the attached link below will assist you applying for this information.

http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/documents/fa/search-request-form.pdf

My solicitor is scratching their head, telling me they don't know anything or how to find out.
    Sellers solicitor is not responding to my solicitor.
    Real estate agent is telling me "the seller has others lined up willing to pay more if you wanna terminate"
    And i'm sure the seller is sitting back looking like:
    Burns.jpg

so, no real update.

4. Scott No Mates

Item 15b - $66?

5. Investing101

Its a standard search which solicitor has already conducted. The drain appears to be unregistered not showing on either tittle or site plans.

6. Scott No Mates

Get a surveyor - it may be that the sewer isn't on your block, that the fence is in the wrong spot or you're looking at the wrong house ;)

As the land is under contract, there's little risk that anyone is going to buy it from under you - do you want to share a few pictures/plans?

7. bob shovel

Did power or any other plans come back from dbyd?

8. bob shovel

If there's no plans its a good chance you've stumbled on the "goldy bikie development ", all done under the table with council. check the wall cavities for cash and drugs, and good luck with the neighbours!

9. Investing101

10. Investing101

yes, nothing else shows up under anywhere near.

11. bob shovel

Ok.
    So somewhere along the lines council has stuffed up. You need to harass then for plans. Make sure plans cover the bordering properties in case it is in the wrong spot or boundaries are out

12. bob shovel

Did you get anywhere with this??

13. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Looks like a storm water line. Some estates run a couple of properties into a common pipe which then runs to the street. Probably can't build over the inspection access.
    Marg.

14. Geelong Cable Locations

Geelong Cable Locations Member

Hi everyone, I know this post is from 2 months ago so I'm guessing @Investing101 has either worked it out or decided to give up and buy somewhere else. But I figured I might as well jump on here and offer some assistance so at least the rest of you can learn from it.

Now keep in mind I'm from Geelong not Gold coast, but even so I'm 99% sure I know exactly what is going on here.

So it is a sewer manhole and it will be serving all the properties in the street.

You can request to get them moved, but you will be up for thousands.

Each water authority is different, but I can almost guarantee you they will not let you build over a manhole. Its generally hard enough to get a permit to build over the sewer pipe let along an access point to the sewer.

On the Gold Coast, the council look after the water and sewer. They are not members of Dial Before You Dig, so hence no matter how big of a search you do, you will not get plans back from them. To be a member of DBYD you have to pay about $1:30 each time someone does a request and you have assets in the area, so there are still a lot of councils and water authorities within Australia that are not members of DBYD.

The reason why Telstra wanted to charge $55 for Telstra plans is because he would have put in his request that the plans were for design rather than excavation.

You did not hear this from me, but never put a DBYD request in for design, always select excavation. Telstra will still send out the exact same plans you would have paid $55 for if you chose design instead.

In terms of getting plans and advice from councils and/or water authorities, never do it over the phone or via email, unless you have an ongoing relationship with them. Instead walkin and line up and talk to the person over the counter face to face, you will get real answers, from real people in real time.

ummmm I think that was everything, if I missed one of the points or questions raised then let me know and I will get back to you.

Regards
    Ben

15. Geelong Cable Locations

Geelong Cable Locations Member

ohhh that was the other thing, solicitor didn't know about the easement. Fire them and hire a conveyancer, because they seem to be doing no more for you than what a conveyancer would be doing, but a conveyancer would not be charging you solicitor rates.

An experienced solicitor that works in the area would have known that the council look after the sewer in the area and she should have been in touch with them and got the sewer plans for you when you had concerns with its locations. Personally I don't think that is good enough for her to say you have done everything she could do.

But hey this is just my own opinion and not my professional opinion as a cable locator.

16. bob shovel

Great tip! I hadn't used dbyd for a while and they didn't issue me the telstra plans (I hit planning) They emailed me about fees, I asked wtf? I didn't need telstra but they didnt tell me why. I had used dbyd heaps in the past and never had a fee.
    I guess councils got fed up with designers fluffing around and want to pass on the costs

17. Scott No Mates