Was it all worth it?

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Sackie, 22nd Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with having purpose and goals in life and enjoying your money, buying some nice toys is a nice reward along the way for all the hard work.

Colin Rice likes this.
  2. ttn

ttn Well-Known Member

The uplift mood was cooking >700 bbq in 3 hrs for school funds when the kids walked by
    and salivated in their eyes on the golden sizzling sausages but I have to give credit to a father :cool:who did 12 years in a row

kierank likes this.
  3. Bunlee

Bunlee Well-Known Member

What a great thread.......""was it all worth it? "

I don't know to be honest but the fact is the only thing I can change is the future and how I approach it.

Taken a lot of financial body blows along the way (Falcon - if you are reading....remember Pan Pharmaceautical & Austrim Nylex?....held the can on those two....caused a few sleepless nights at the time...a couple of relatively large cans in each hand there :) )

Had some great results too, a Sydney apartment doubling in value in the early 90's within 1 year. Proceeds left in a divorce soon after :)

Many hours of working, researching, focusing on investments.......many hours on an Australian Shares site full of rampers, pumpers, dumpers, etc.

The outcome was fairly good in that we now own our own PPOR in a nice part of Sydney and have an IP in that area at about 28% LVR. Quite a bit in Super I guess in relation to others but not heaps. Own a bit of property overseas but not huge value there

Over the years I walked away from a professional career to do a relatively menial type of job but never been more vocationally happy. That was worth it.

Have the best family and now making the choice to simplify financial life and spend more time genuinely engaged in that pursuit.

Single income family (I earn b/w $80-$110k pa shift working) plus investment income so not rich by any means.

No intention to but another IP (unless market crashes) or invest in direct shares in the main. Disengage from spending too much time on investments in the future.

I think in 5 years or so I can then answer the question of the thread...yes....the last 5 years were worth it. I can influence those 6 years now.

Best to all

Colin Rice, fols, bob shovel and 2 others like this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@Bunlee thanks for your post mate. You've done really well and much to be proud of.

5. Pamela Palmqvist

Pamela Palmqvist Active Member

Awesome! Cultivating an attitude of gratitude is key
    Well done. :)

Colin Rice and Sackie like this.