NSW Warwick Farm or Liverpool

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by dabbler, 22nd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Daniel007

Daniel007 Well-Known Member

Huge amounts of stock in the near future, i'd stick to houses in the surrounding areas but they are already pricey if they have any development potential. I think brisbane is a better alternative at the price point you're looking at.

2. Nick Valsamis

Nick Valsamis Well-Known Member

I do have a real estate company but it's really to help people. What I was showing was the price divide in Liverpool. But especially in that area, it's very easy to get better results than all of the other property managers.

3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

No worries Nick, like most places, some do not want to really try.

4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Till......2019....onwards....;)

sumterrence likes this.
  5. blackenator

blackenator Well-Known Member

work and live and Liverpool can tell you from first hand experience by just walking through the streets Liverpool is changing and their are a lot of new units coming into the market. The current mayor is very active and has major plans to redevelop Liverpool into the airport city. If Sydney continues the way it is now wont surprise me if Liverpool is one of the top preforming suburbs

6. Daniel007

Daniel007 Well-Known Member

I agree with this, Ned has been very proactive with cleaning the mess left behind by previous govts... There has been lots of work with the "eat streets", cleaning bigge park and the new UWS campus, however i still think the overwhelming amount of stock can't be good if you own a unit.

I definitely see the potential for strong growth in the long term and i'm very bullish about Liverpool, but you really need to ask yourself if returns will be maximised in the short to medium term. That's my opinion anyway.

7. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

I may be able to grab a 2 bed unit for under 300k in this area. If anyone's keen let me know.

8. dabbler

pm sent

9. TforTim

TforTim Active Member

Is warwick farm still worth to buy now? I quick look domain and found out cheap in Sydney (330K to 380K) 2 bedder unit which are close to station.

how does it compare to Fairfield 2 bedder unit, which are around 370K to 420K

10. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Liverpool..they have much better players

11. dabbler

I been watching this market, it was still rising till a little bit ago, now seems to be floundering and pulling back , they were all heading toward 400 till recently

Where is the 330 ? that one is BS if advertised at they will get more than that, there was one agency whio used to put them all as 280...they used to sell for 360 +

I call it a watch and see.

TforTim likes this.
  12. Davothegreat

Davothegreat Well-Known Member

I've been doing some work in Liverpool over the past few weeks and can't help but notice just how many hairdressers and solicitors are in the main streets... can't help but wonder how many of those are actual hairdressers and solicitors and how many are fronts for other not so genuine businesses?

13. Nick Valsamis

Nick Valsamis Well-Known Member

The area for residential is quite small in Warwick Farm so the only real option are the streets on the Hospital side to choose from.

Yields are slightly higher than Fairfield and achieve between 4.5 - 5% gross yield depending on the unit.

There is room for the suburb to improve in the future and seems to be more attractive location/amenity wise compared to something similar priced in Penrith.

TforTim likes this.
  14. VB King

VB King Well-Known Member

Location - Warwick farm walk to station & hospital would be my pick, definitely older walk up 2/1/1 (garage).
    But too late this cycle.

TforTim likes this.
  15. Iin

Iin New Member

Hi how much do you think liverpool unit can be grab now? Rgds Iin

L3ha7 likes this.
  16. dabbler

It would not have gone for under 300k anyway, at the auction I think it went for 360 ish......

They were on the march up and over 400k, but they are coming back down again and I know someone who just bought but in better suburb for 360....so....

Biz likes this.
  17. dabbler

PS that unit was W farm, not Liverpool, the one in question I think

18. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Better suburb ....??? Please do tell.

Is it worth buying IP in liverpool and surrounding or wait for sometime. Pure purpose is buy , put it on rent and hold long term.

Regards

19. Iin

Iin New Member

Yea. Which better suburb is it? What this definition long hold for IP?

20. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

I reckon wait, I just got off the phone to an agent who sold my house (south west) a few months back and he reckons their phones have stopped ringing. If I sold now I would have had to drop my price 30-50k to offload. South west and cooling quickly.

If you buy now you'll likely be going backwards for a few years and it will be negatively geared. Mmmmmm sounds like fun! Sign me up for some of dat!

L3ha7 likes this.