NSW Warrawee / Turramurra vs Cherrybrook vs Cheltenham/ Beecroft

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by virhlpool, 26th Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. virhlpool

virhlpool Well-Known Member

Considering that metro has started, Cherrybrook now has better or similar connectivity (direct train to Chatswood and later to the city) as some of the other suburbs listed above. Good public schools' proximity differs in each case but they all more or less have decent schools in those areas. Which will be your preference for PPOR and why? I am looking for pros and cons.

I understand that prices can differ based on the exact location and the property itself but this is just assuming that the broad price range is similar.

Last edited: 26th Sep, 2020
  2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Warrawee is surprisingly far from the city.

check the weather at turramurra.

but really it’s budget. North shore is more expensive. Do you want the cache or a newer house?

Last edited: 26th Sep, 2020
  3. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

Wait until Sydney Metro second stage is complete in 2023. Then it would be quicker to get to city from Cherrybrook than from Warrawee/Turramurra. People won't realise it until it is completed.

I live at Cherrybrook myself and I am very happy with it. Our kids goes to decent primary schools and are in catchment of CTHS.

diksy likes this.
  4. virhlpool

Primary public school option isn't as great as Epping or Beecroft but I agree about the high school. That's why my confusion between those areas vs Cherrybrook.

5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Look at all those suburbs. With a budget, see what you can buy for that money in each area? Note that a lot of Cherrybrook is nowhere near the station, so keep that in mind. I agree the metro line is a huge plus, trains every 4 minutes so you don’t need to worry about timetables.

6. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

Depends on which street in each of those suburbs and whereabouts. Beecroft would be my pick for its centralised feel with village shopping centre feel and train station. Cheltenham very quiet and has strict covenant on business activity but has some nice large priorities and Victorian architecture. Turramurra, it depends where as North Turramurra is a fair way out, South Turramurra is very hilly with trees everywhere. When storms or fires hit you will be affected. Warrawee very small suburb but close to Knox Grammar if that’s important to you.

7. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

I second @Serveman here - Beecroft in between Warrawee and Cherrybrook price-wise but has the benefit of being closer to the city, excellent schools and a lovely village feel. All depends on your budget, if you need to be able to walk to the train station, however, as you'll need $2m+ for most housing here. Cherrybrook is cheaper, but tricky to get something walkable to the station (though you could consider the top part of WPH (Glenhope, Coonara etc))

Warrawee and Turramurra dearer but with the Pacific Highway to tackle into the city (if needing to drive) you're better off being closer to the M2 on the Epping/Beecroft side.

8. virhlpool

Thanks. I agree it's hard to find something near Cherrybrook station and also in the catchment of the better high school. Also, buying in WPH is a good idea if close to station but I am not too sure about the public schools quality in WPH compared to these other places.

9. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

What's the second stage of the metro...I thought the line they built via Chatswood to the city was it?

10. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Expansion through the city to Bankstown. Wont need to change at Chatswood.