War...What happens to property?

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by ej89, 14th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Do you know you could get cheap property in Eastern suburbs in WW2 because people believed Japs would invade, it was the plan, they made some wrong turns luckily.

No one knows what can happen, I think there are others more worrying than the NK, and we should not think we would not ever be a target, for anyone, we been poking our heads in everywhere for a while now & we have good land, and resources.

2. AlexV_Sydney

AlexV_Sydney Well-Known Member

in some Ukrainian regions (east), where Russia invaded in 2014, the property prices went down 3 times. Many properties are on market for more than 1 year. Russia is definitely not on defensive side and they can declare the war if they want - nobody is going (and can) to stop them.

3. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Is there an audio version? Got no time to read unless I buy a tesla...

4. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

It's on Audible, which is where I found it.

5. Big Lez

Big Lez Well-Known Member

My theory is, if North Korea nukes South Korea or Japan, Australia would take in heaps of refugees from Japan and South Korea which would cause property prices and rent to rise. I dare say there would be heaps of rich people in China who would want to be keeping clear of the region and would want to move to Australia too.