Want to get RICH? What does the science say.

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Sackie, 21st Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

2. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

The same can be said for poor people ;).

The good news is that one can go from poor to rich but (typically) it takes a lot of effort/work and a lot of time.

The sad news is that one can go from rich to poor and it can happen quite easily and quite fast.

PeterCr, Travelbug, spoon and 2 others like this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Agree. Indeed imho, most worthwhile pursuits in life require effort and work over time.

Lindsay_W and kierank like this.
  4. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

1. Is that like when people want to ban or block opposing opinions or anything that does'nt fit or questions their paradigms.

There's still hope for me then

BTW the definition of rich in the study was over 1m euro and the traits were self reported meaning that it's like readin tinder profiles

Anchor likes this.
  5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Take what resonates, discard the rest. Same with PC.

craigc and spoon like this.
  6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Interesting…personality traits

Rich people tend to be more emotionally stable and less neurotic…..what about the trollers :p

7. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Psychologists may well dispute and endlessly discuss what "rich" means. It may mean fulfilment to one person and wealth to another. Some people see themselves as welathy with no debt, others with $100K and others are never satisfied. Some people hate being wealthy and other crave it and are never satisifed as they realise that its more than meets their needs. eg Buffett, Gates etc

After reading Elon Musks biography I question if he cares about wealth. He sees wealth as a way to achieve his ambitions and ideas. He has spent and lost his Paypal fortune more than once. He is borderline spectrum and focussed on end goals and process to get there. Numbers are important only as something that allow him to borrow, buy or commit to doing something and influence others. He doesnt really want or own a house. He drives a car for need but prefers people to pick him up as he is busy - and de-prioritises things like travel anyway. He sleeps in his office for convenience. He doesnt care how much he spends on a plan but if someone argues and opposes a plan they are gone that moment. He pays people generously for them to make these things occur. He sees blowing up rockets as a learning experience not a cost. Bezos sees what he does purely as business and in competion with everyone.

lixas4, oracle and Sackie like this.
  8. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

This! Most extremely rich people often said they were not doing it for the money but fulfilling a passion. It just happened that the passion, when done successfully, makes everyone pay them money, sometimes a lot. Often time they don't give up or sell off even if the venture is already multi-billions.

Travelbug likes this.
  9. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Rich people have more trolls on their proverbial........ article has some points I agree and some I don't.:rolleyes:

MTR likes this.
  10. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

I was quite surprised the bar was €1m .I imagine someone rich would be well over €100 million.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia