Wanneroo Council - Approval

Discussion in 'Development' started by Martinez22, 27th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

@DoubleD there is a lot wrong with that.

1. There are not 2 ways to subdivide your land. There are 4.

2. You can apply for built strata when your development reaches plate height. You don't have to wait until development completion.

3. Survey strata was not developed to allow the creation of vacant strata lots. You can already create vacant strata lots through a strata subdivision. A vacant strata lot and a vacant survey strata lot are not the same.

4. There are a lot of differences between a survey strata and a strata. I can't remember but I think a survey strata never has to have management but more than 2 strata lots requires a body corporate? A survey strata scheme does not have by-laws a strata scheme always has by-laws. I am going from memory here so hopefully someone like @thatbum will correct me or I will correct tomorrow.

Landgate will have better info about the differences than Dale Alcock

Sorry I am on my phone so I can't do a proper search

2. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

I thought it was if the developer owns less than 50% of any strata scheme then they need a BC?

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I didn't see this but I've had a DA approved in 3 weeks at City of Wanneroo but also one that took over 6mths due to neighbor consultation plus then going to Council meeting before being approved.
    On average I have found them to be one of the quicker councils.
    @Martinez22 did you get your approval?

Perthguy likes this.
  4. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Back on a PC I can look things up! :)

The definitive source for Strata Titles would have to be Landgate's A Guide to Strata Titles

https://www0.landgate.wa.gov.au/doc.../$file/A-Guide-to-Strata-Titles-FA-Online.pdf

11 Strata company
    See section 32 of the Act
    The strata company (formerly called the Body Corporate) comes into existence automatically on the registration of the strata/survey-strata plan when the titles are issued. Other than holding the first annual general meeting (see section 20.8 – General meetings in this guide), no expenditure, or action by the owners is required to form it. All owners of lots on the strata/survey-strata plan are automatically members of the strata company.

The thing I was thinking of with 2 lot schemes is this:-
    17.1 Two (2) lot schemes
    See section 36A of the Act
    Two (2) lot schemes are automatically exempt from the following requirements:
    • to hold annual general meetings, after the first one (1) has been called by the original
    proprietor;
    • to keep minutes of meetings and books of account;
    • to prepare annual accounts;
    • to have a separate mail box for the strata company;
    • to keep a roll of lot owners, but each lot owner must notify the other owner of his or her
    address for the service of notices; and
    • to establish an administrative fund, for example, a strata levy fund.

Owners of two (2) lot schemes may decide to comply with any of these requirements. However, if they decide to establish an administrative fund they must
    first pass a by-law to that effect.

From the Landgate guide we find out that all strata schemes and survey-strata schemes have a Strata company. I did not know this.

Also, standard by-laws apply to all strata companies. This includes survey strata schemes?

I am not sure about survey strata schemes having by-laws. I have never heard of that before.

If it is true, then what we are told about survey strata with no common property being effectively the same as freehold, is not true at all.

5. Martinez22

Martinez22 Well-Known Member

Yes they are super quick ! We lodged DA just before xmas and it got approved this week, given all the holidays in between I think it would have been even quicker !

Perthguy and Westminster like this.
  6. DoubleD

DoubleD Well-Known Member

What you up to in Wannaroo @Martinez22 ?

7. Martinez22

Martinez22 Well-Known Member

Were doing a build and retain, and moving into the back unit once complete :)

Perthguy and DoubleD like this.
  8. Scaphella

Scaphella Well-Known Member

9. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

boeman and Perthguy like this.
  10. boeman

boeman Well-Known Member

Onto a T intersection no less, have watched them be built.

Price seems expensive to me too, the odd duplex sells for around the same price as a 3x1.

11. Arkad

Arkad Member

What price were they back in April?

I went last weekend to have a look as part of research (FHB so looking to see if I can take advantage of FHOG) and they were asking from 310k...got a message today now saying from 299k!!! (So my guess is someone is taking a big hit off these)

12. Scaphella

Scaphella Well-Known Member

March 315k, June 310k, July 299k