Wallarah (near Lake Haven, Blue Haven and Charmhaven)

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by larrylarry, 28th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

beertank23 likes this.
  2. Moych

Moych Well-Known Member

3. Spraytan

Spraytan Member

4. beertank23

beertank23 Well-Known Member

I just need another coal fired power station on the coast. Jobs and Growth right!?!

5. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

That person said he sold out for 50k profit after 6 months.....if you can believe anything posted by some members.

VB King likes this.
  6. Init2Winit

Init2Winit Member

Any opinion on how the Sydney 'bubble' affects the central coast? I have people telling me that it is time to get out of the sydney market and that that includes the central coast. Although CC is in demand because of the push from sydney siders, it also has it's own inherent attraction I think?
    I just love seeing my very first (barely liveable) investment having doubled in 7 years, and watching it grow every year...I don't really want to part with it. But if the fruit is ripe on the vine, maybe it is time?

7. dabbler

It depends on your strategy and how much time you have left.

If your in your 20's, can easily carry it when rates are higher, and strategy was buy and hold, then hold.

If it was a PPOR prior, your short of funds, about to retire, maybe it is time ?

It is really up to you and what you want, but if selling was always on the mind, maybe it is a good time, always better to sell when there is demand and competition.

Sydney in many places has def dropped off in demand., I refer to outer SW areas.

8. Init2Winit

Init2Winit Member

Thanks dabbler,
    I am a long way from my 20s but got a late (second) start in life so will be working for awhile yet! :(.
    Its my first of three properties so definitely taxable. I bought in 2010 and had planned on holding for roughly 10 years. But I was trying to sell my recent PPOR in Toowoomba, which isn't selling. I locked in the CC property for 5 years so should probably stop second guessing myself and just ride it out.
    It is such a good little money maker, and that isn't likely going to change.

Many thanks for your input! sometimes its just good to get someone to twig the thoughts in the right direction.

9. dabbler

There is always lot of things to consider......

No one can know what suits each person or duo.....

I am actually selling some things now that 2 years ago I would have def said would never sell.....

ellejay likes this.
  10. Init2Winit

Init2Winit Member

Yes, the thing is my overall thinking is to cash up and get ready for 'the fall'. Between FIAT currency and property and stock markets, I just don't know where it is safe to be these days, and I don't have a lot of equity and don't want to end up penniless.
    From all the various sources I have been accessing, I am thinking that the best strategy is to sell two of the three properties and put the funds in an offset account against the one remaining. This way i would be protected from a property crash/interest rate spike, and have the money handy to reinvest when the property falls, but still have a toe in the property market. It has to fall a bit eventually; and that fall does seem like it will be in the short rather than long term.

C-mac likes this.
  11. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Over the years I've seen people adopt this strategy only to be disappointed that "the fall" never eventuated.

12. dabbler

Yeah, no way to know if there will be a fall, but it would make sense that has to be at, near or past peak, at least in Syd.....provided rates are not cut :)

13. dan2101

dan2101 Well-Known Member

So many people I know in Sydney are still moving or planning to move up the coast. I wonder if this cycle will be any different to the past few as people think enough is enough with Sydney prices? Perhaps it has room to keep going. I know when I see anything near the beach under a million up there I think 'wow that's cheap.' The Sydney property market has conditioned me (and my mates) that way. With rates not moving for a while I still think there's steam left.

Propertunity likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia