Wall paper on wall paper

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Mark, 7th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member

I am not sure. The house was built in 1970s. It is not as hard as asbestos board. But I thought, a lot of building materials manufactured in the time contains asbestos. Am I overlly worried?

2. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member

House will settle at the end of the month. ;)

3. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I checked out the walls first. Plaster board only, definitely no asbestos. The paint was in good condition and I wasn't penetrating that so I would not have been too concerned. But definitely more PPE needed when dealing with asbestos.

4. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

It was definitely plaster board. This was an old brick veneer with lovely Jarrah frames and plaster board over. Out of interest it was one of the first three houses built in Cloverdale.

@Mark if you are concerned there may be asbestos, definitely investigate first. Can't be too careful with that stuff.

5. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member

It took the handyman two full days to remove the wall paper in bedrooms and bathroom with a steamer and sugar soap. It is not too bad. See the attached before and after photos.

Thanks a lot for the advice from people

Attached Files:

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.