Technology & Social Media Wacom drawing pad/graphics tablet

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Jess Peletier, 2nd Aug, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Hi Techies,

I used to have a surface pro and I loved the pen! I used it quite regularly and now that I've upgraded to a desktop computer I really miss being able to draw on my documents, sign etc..

I'm looking at this -
    Wacom PTH-660/K0-C 0480 Graphics Tablets, Black

Does anyone have this? Can i use it to draw on PDF's and power points, for eg?

Love to hear your experiences, or if you have other suggestions - pretty much looking for something I can just plug into my desktop rather than a completely separate computer like the surface pro.

Dan Donoghue likes this.
  2. Jess Peletier

Dan Donoghue likes this.
  3. Mint

Mint New Member

I had an older version of the Intuos (for art purposes) so I can chip in - You can use it to draw notes on your documents as long as the programs you use have the features to do so. If you're using a tablet solely to annotate/sign documents you could definitely get away with a smaller or more budget tablet as well.
    I guess the only thing to consider would be that the dimensions of the tablet's surface map to the corresponding coordinates on your computer screen so you wouldn't be seeing your hand when you draw/write; some people have no problems with that but some people really have difficulties since they don't have the tactile feedback that they would when drawing directly to a screen/on paper. But I personally think tablets are fantastic devices and they're definitely worth a try.

Jess Peletier likes this.
  4. Jess Peletier

Awesome thank you! I could use my pen in Adobe with the surface pro so you'd assume it'd be okay.

5. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

I have something similar, but found if difficult to draw on that board while looking at a separate screen. But they do work well and you would probably get used to it. I just bought a lenova yoga laptop instead so i can draw directly on the screen.

6. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

I haven't used one but one of the guys that i used to work with had one and he swore by it, he was a graphic designer and he said it was infinitely better than trying to use the mouse for certain tasks.