Vulcan quasar heater

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by sauber, 14th Jul, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

Hey guys,
    Got an old vulcan wall furnace 40mJ and thinking of replacing, what would be a good replacement if anything?

2. CowPat

CowPat Well-Known Member

Breamar and pyrox make a wall furnace that should slot into the
    wall where the Vulcan was

3. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

Yeah have heard they arent that great. Even the pyrox that is the old vulcan which makes me think should i go ducted heating?
    Has anyone got ducted heating?

4. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Get rid of the gas and get an electric spit system installed. We've just moved house, had gas ducted in the old house but the new house is bottle gas ducted (like burning money). We haven't fired the gas up yet, we've ran the AC on heat all winter. Electric usage has increased by about 10-15kwh per day for winter but we have used next to no gas (just cooking and boosted solar hot water). End result is we're actually financially better ff now I've just compared our first winter gas & elec bills compared to the old house. Added bonus ,you'll also have the AC for summer then too. Add solar panels down the line and you're laughing.

5. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

What degree setting did you have your ac on???

6. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

We have it on 23, which is too warm when your sat in the family area under it but the house is VERY open plan and it's the only heater in there, it warms up the kitchen, dining, family room, hallway and lounge. I've been quite surprised given my partner really feels the cold, we were worried about heating in this house when we bought it in summer. I did not want to have to run the bottled gas ducted! So far, haven't needed to. I added a Sensibo controller to it and the bedroom one, bedroom we remotely activate 30 minutes before bed and it warms the room right up in no time.