Vote compass

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Gockie, 30th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Vote Compass had me as Liberal, which is interesting as I don't usually vote liberal first as a block vote (though I have been known to pick the odd Liberal when numbering 'below the line'.

To be honest, I like some aspects of a few different parties. (well, not the loopy racist ones!)

2. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Raising concerns about various social issues is only for the Left and the professional Civ Liub activists/protesters, is it?

And anyone else who doesn't agree with that view, and speaks out about other issues which the PC crowd don't want to address - and want to shut others down if they do - is a redneck? o_O

Complete moral high ground arrogance.

Perthguy likes this.
  3. Bayview

If they were really serious about addressing housing affordability, they would serious slash all Stamp Duty on transactions,

And they can even go as far as large GST discounts on new home builds (treat home ownership the way they were originally going to treat raw food items in the GST; as "life necessities").

I think I have paid over my lifetime; approaching a quarter mill for Stamp Duty on my purchases and GST - easily.

Perthguy likes this.
  4. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

What are you? A trump supporter :)

sanj likes this.
  5. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

nope, anyone else isn't automatically a redneck I agree. Pauline Hanson sure as hell is though and so it's not a large assumption to make that vast majority of her supporters would be too when you consider what her main policies have been from the very start.

you can throw your arms up in the air and get upset if you like but thinking Pauline Hanson isa redneck is hardly an indefensible position for anyone to have, PC has nothing to do with it.

Joynz likes this.
  6. Bayview

Sanj; I don't get upset; been around far too long and seen too much BS from both sides.

This is just discussion and entertainment for me....a bit of a laugh. I am fully aware that what I say here changes nothing; just chewing the fat.

But; they are automatically branded a redneck by the latte Left and Civ LIb handwring Party - from my years of observing handwringers...

In their mind (yours) they are the moral benchmark, the higher learned and obviously correct while the rest are wrong, majority.

Really?

Why does Pauline - after 20 years of ridicule and mockery - still get into the Senate (with possibly 3 seats I might add)...and why is Trump still hanging around not far off an upset win?

Indeed.

So, you don't think any of the concerns she raises are valid?

Are we going to go down this same old worn path again where anyone who raises concerns about things such as immigration control and refugees, and Muslim extremists and Islam - are simply a redneck, knuckle-dragging 7th grade drop out with a Southern Cross flag in the front yard next to the burnt-out Commodore, and can't possibly have a sensible, intelligent opinion because they haven't done 4 or 10 years at Uni, or work in the CBD on the 5th floor, and/or live in a suburb other than the leafy green ones?

This is exactly the argument; no-one is allowed to raise any issue such as these (and others) without your lot immediately falling back on the same old argument of redneck, bigot, racist, dumbass, xenophobic, Nazi, low intelligence loser....and so forth.:rolleyes:

In my opinion; folks such as Waleed Ali - who will still never denounce Islam extremism as a fault of his own religion - blames the West for everything these clowns do - and happily sits down to dinner with a man who is openly admitting that gays and adulterers be killed...basically turning a blind eye; are just as big a problem.

If that is the benchmark of the higher learned critical thinker who thinks everyone else is a dope and needs to be closed down; we are in trouble.

I think it's fantastic that folks like Jaquie Lambie, Nick X, Pauline, Derryn Hinch, etc are now in there; it's Democracy at it's finest.

Last edited: 3rd Jul, 2016
  7. sanj

did I say that? I said she's a redneck and most of her supporters are too.

even if, and it's a big if, she had some valid concerns hidden amongst her sea of nonsense, for someone to vote for her means they either agree with her strongly xenophobic and textbook redneck sentiments or they don't care about the sentiment she's been spreading for over 20 years and are comfortable ignoring them because she has a view on something else they agree with.

so yes, I'm comfortable well and truly shaking my head at the fact she and her band of idiots are back in the Senate and I'm happy to admit to judging those who vote for her.

Joynz and LibGS like this.
  8. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Welcome to democracy @sanj. The people have spoken.

Bayview likes this.
  9. sanj

welcome to democracy @Perthguy. I've also spoken above.

Perthguy and Joynz like this.
  10. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

This is breatakingly ignorant. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and not say you are lying or are racist. It's obvious that this is an opinion, because it is certainly devoid of fact. That is a pathetic thing to write.

Last edited: 3rd Jul, 2016
  11. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

For some one who is just 'chewing the fat', you certainly seem to be taking things a bit personally!

12. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I have no problem at all with you expressing your opinion.

13. Bayview

No; just discussing topics of interest, and arguing back.

That is not getting upset, or taking it personally; that is simply debate, discussion and argument.

Folks who take it personally send you vile PM's, and/or go running to the Mods to complain.

The upset crowd start calling you a bully, and get very personal; both privately in PM's and here on the open forum.

Privately is more fun; they really go to town on me there...:p

Last edited: 4th Jul, 2016
    Perthguy likes this.
  14. Bayview

LOL!

Nice try Sanj; you implied it, of course...

Just out of interest; can you name me one person on this forum - or pretty much anywhere - who has used the term "redneck" in these arguments on racism, illegal immigrants, refugees, Islamic terrorists, etc - who wasn't inferring that redneck applied to all of the above?

15. Bayview

The "R" word...again? :rolleyes::p

If you want to read my entire post list you will find I am not.

I've watched Waleed enough times to know his style.

I like the bloke for his achievements, he is very intelligent and no doubt well educated.

But, on this issue of Islam and its uses (radicalism, extremism and terrorists acts carried out under its name); he has let down the movement terribly - and as I said; blames the West for all of it.:rolleyes:

I thought you were "stepping back" because you were getting too hot under the collar?

Nice to see you back in the fray, LIb...keep it impersonal though.

Here's an item for your digestion;

Andrew Bolt launches brutal attack on Waleed Aly

I expect you won't read it; but others with a less "head in the sand" approach might....it's more for them.

16. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

I attacked the statement, not you. Your post shows you know nothing about Aly and what he thinks about Islamic extremism.

I was taking a step back from NG issues.

17. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

Andrew Bolt is a vile ignorant racist. And here you are being an apologist for him. Here you are using him to back up your point. What you actually are is now abundantly clear.

18. Bayview

I don't apologise for Andrew Bolt at all. Just showing you a different point of view to your own..

You are yet again supporting what I have been saying - and everyone else who raises concerns has been saying - for ages now - raise a concern; even if it is valid; and you will be labelled a racist.

To be concerned over a pattern of behaviour within a religion is not being racist.

It is being concerned over a pattern of behaviour based on a misguided belief..

I am just as appalled at child molesting priests in the Catholic religion....don't get me started on religions...you know my views on all of them; a complete waste of time. If you want to improve your view on the world and so on; go see a psychologist and stop your life being directed by some mythical entity - is my view.

What you are calling me (and everyone who raises these concerns) and how you react to these concerns raised - is like the kid who puts his hands over his ears when being told something he doesn't like, and then ranting "blah, blah, blah, blah" really loudly so he can't hear what is being said to him.

Perthguy likes this.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice