Virtual Furnishing - marketing rentals

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Mel Morgan, 20th Jun, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

As promised, here's the virtually furnished pic in the latest rental that I'm marketing. It cost $50 and was done within about 24hrs via the photographer (who sent it overseas somewhere I'm assuming).

I think overall it looks great, although its a little 'opulant' in style for the target demographic. Perfect for the lower north shore or east, but next time I will ask for some more minimalist furniture for the Inner West.

Here's the listing: 14a School Parade Marrickville NSW 2204 - House for Rent #426789298 - realestate.com.au

Will provide some marketing stats soon!

Attached Files:

Last edited: 20th Jun, 2019
    Tranquilo, luckyone, ChrisDim and 6 others like this.
  2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

I'm normally pretty skeptical of virtual furnishing, and have seen some terrible ones - but these ones look quite good.

Its almost at the point that you want a small disclaimer in the corner to explain that it is virtually furnished, in case someone gets the wrong idea.

3. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

They did a good job with those shadows - that's often where these fall down.

Dan Wood and Michael Mitchell like this.
  4. neK

neK Well-Known Member

The virtual furnishings came out pretty good!
    My only complaint is that the photographer should invest a leaf blower... should have blown the leaves away prior to taking the photo :p

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Good work with the mirror too

6. qak

qak Well-Known Member

I think that's amazing!

7. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

That looks great for $50!

8. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Looks fantastic!

9. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

Wow that looks great. Is that $50 for the one photo to be done?

- Luke

10. Mel Morgan

Yep $50 per photo :)

MyPropertyPro likes this.
  11. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm super impressed. I'll need to keep this in mind for mine

12. Zoolander

Zoolander Well-Known Member

A jagged render of a couch would look realistic with lighting that adequately matches the original photo, including shadows and colours (eg red sofa bouncing red light onto walls). Back when I was studying 3d modelling in 2008 this was hugely resource intensive and needed a bunch of third party plugins to work. Amazing seeing how far 3D has advanced

13. Dan Wood

Dan Wood Well-Known Member

Same here, you can pick them a mile away, like you said these are pretty darn good.

As is renter & owner, I'm curious as to why you think someone would get the wrong idea? Most of the time it's just a visual guide to the potential renter to see what they could fit in the spots, or what it would like look living there.

Not sure if anybody would use it as an exact guide, it's not their furniture or digital furniture for that matter. If they did .. it's on them IMHO.

14. Mel Morgan

I just checked my page visits (up to yesterday) and its at 228 after about 36hrs, this property was listeda day earlier and currently has 60 visits: 10 Edward St Marrickville NSW 2204 - House for Rent #425293862 - realestate.com.au

So I'd say the virtual furnishing is good for grabbing attention and improving views, at the end of the day the aim is to provide as much exposure as possible and get people to come see the property.

Morgs and neK like this.
  15. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I wonder how many visits you've had from this site? But I agree those listings are chalk and cheese.

The second one doesn't even have an external photo and it is very difficult (even for many of us) to imaging what would fit in some of those odd shaped rooms (those fireplaces and doors would be a nightmare to furnish around).

Mel Morgan and Michael Mitchell like this.
  16. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

I can see this software [and further developments] being the death knell for those businesses that provide furnishings etc for empty houses to make them attractive to would be buyers.
    Unbelievable how the real estate industry has changed over the past 40 years ... :eek:

17. Andrew Allen

Andrew Allen Well-Known Member Business Member

We have used virtual furniture on properties that have proven hard to rent and it does drive more interest, definitely worth it in those cases. There is always the let down when viewing a property in real life with great photos online, but if you can't get people in the property in the first place that is a bigger problem.

For properties for sale I think the furniture staging market is still a viable one, perhaps a very good business, though I don't know the level of competition, one staging business I have talked to recently is very busy.

craigc and Michael Mitchell like this.
  18. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

I foresee the day when you can virtually insert your own furniture in any property!

19. luckyone

luckyone Well-Known Member

20. Mel Morgan

I think furniture styling in sales won't change much as nothing beats the real thing when you view a property. But I'll definitely be doing the virtual thing for more rentals in future.