VIC: Early Access Licence - Public Risk

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Geoff T, 26th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Geoff T

    Geoff T New Member

    26th Nov, 2019

    We have been granted access to our apartment in a building prior to settlement. We are the only ones granted this permission and we expect to be in 3-4 weeks prior to others.

    We have received the draft agreement, which has requested that we must take out Public Risk Insurance of $20 million.

    However, our lawyer has said this is going to be difficult to find as, 'I am not sure if any insurance company will provide you with such insurance as the property forms part of an owners corporation and the owners corporation usually arranges public risk insurance once the plan of subdivision has registered.'

    I have spoken to one broker who more dealt with architects, but she said also said we would have difficulty with this.

    Has anyone had any experience on this from either end and provide any guidance?


PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice