VIC Vermont

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Investaa, 14th Jun, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Investaa

Investaa Well-Known Member

Hi All,

We are thinking about buying a house is a good primary/high school zone and Vermont is one of our options, both Vermont Primary and Secondary are very good.
    Our second choice is East Doncaster Secondary zone.

East Doncaster is more expensive but not significantly 100-200K difference.

Do you have any comment about Vermont and good pockets of Vermont.

Thank you in advance,

Last edited: 14th Jun, 2022
  2. hieund85

hieund85 Well-Known Member

The area between Morack golf course and Terrara Park is good as well as the area between Hanover Rd and Hawthorn Rd.

Investaa likes this.
  3. SuperOlaf

SuperOlaf Well-Known Member

Within Vermont Secondary zone - just avoid areas close to power line along East Link.
    The two areas mentioned in the previous post are both in Vermont South and not in Vermont.

craigc and Investaa like this.
  4. SuperOlaf

SuperOlaf Well-Known Member

You can consider Highvale Secondary zone in Glen Waverley/ Vermont South area as well. The school has been doing really well in recent years - there are a few very good primary schools around the same area (Glen Waverley primary/ Camelot Rise primary/ Highvale primary).

Investaa likes this.
  5. hieund85

You are right but still in the Vermont secondary zone.

Investaa likes this.
  6. hieund85

Highvale secondary is pretty good imo although it is not as good as Vermont secondary yet.

Investaa likes this.
  7. Investaa

Thank you, what do you think about north of Canterbury road and west side of Mitcham road? still in the VSC zone but is closer to Nunawading and Mitcham stations,

8. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Paging @DreamzUnlimited

Local area expert ;)

The Y-man

9. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

If you are going North of Canterbury Rd, I would try to stay east of Mitcham Rd if possible, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
    - closer and easier to get to the school
    - if the zoning area gets reduced, I would guess the area west of Mitcham Rd is likely to get cut
    - preference to stay away from the largely commercial/industrial areas in Nunawading.
    - easier access to Eastlink
    - more kids from Rangeview PS & Vermont PS should end up at VSC compared to kids from Mt Pleasant PS

What else is important to you? Do you need to get the train into the city?

Investaa likes this.
  10. Investaa

Thank you, I was referring to Mt Pleasent area which is still in VSC zone.
    Freeway access is more important but we have to go to CBD every now and then for meetings.
    Regarding zone, how likely is the reducing zoning area for VSC? are they going to expand the zone are for another existing public secondary college like Foresthill or Mullauna, or they are going to build a new public secondary college?
    If there any way to find out?
    Thank you

11. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

Zones are periodically reviewed depending on the capacity of the school and the trends of the changes of student numbers, i.e. how many Year 12s compared to expected Year 7 enrolments. I don't have any details for VSC, but if the zone was being reduced, there is really only the NW or NE sections that could be impacted. It might be worth trying to contact the school to see what info they can provide, but I doubt there is much they can tell you.

12. KateAshmor

KateAshmor Victorian Conveyancing Lawyer Business Member

Watch out for building defects (especially water damage from leaking roofs due to storm damage, and houses that need restumping), along with illegal building work like garage-to-bedroom conversions done during Covid without proper permits. We've seen those issues recently in the Vermont area.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia