Cars & Motorbikes Vehicle Purchasing Services

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by alexm, 18th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any vehicle purchasing services (i.e. finding vehicles and negotiating prices, dealing with trade-in's etc.)?

I recall novated lease companies provide this service however i'm wondering if there are any independent operators out there.

Thanks
    Al

2. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

My business partner just bought one through such a broker and he got good prices for a new Mazda CX-5. The car was delivered in 3 days. I will PM you when I get the contact.

alexm likes this.
  3. Tony3008

Tony3008 Well-Known Member

John Cadogan AutoExpert does this. No connection other than being a viewer of his videos which are very good, if occasionally a bit too outspoken for my tastes.

Last edited: 18th Nov, 2015
  4. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

Few of them around, Macquarie has Vehicle Select - I'm not sure if they manage the trade in's too.

Fair few independent car brokers too.

5. Aaronjod

Aaronjod Well-Known Member

There is a radio ad for AutoAccess which I've been hearing a lot lately, haven't tried them though.

6. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Negotiate the car yourself.
    Its good practice when you have to deal with real estate agents.

If you can't negotiate a discount on a car, what chance do you have on negotiating with an agent on a house? Both target the same thing... emotion.

7. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

@neK , I normally do this myself (and quite enjoy it for both properties and vehicles) however time is an issue on this occasion.

8. neK

neK Well-Known Member

I find the carsales app quite useful as a starting point for negotiation.

9. The Butler

The Butler Well-Known Member

Cars are a commodity these days.
    Make sure you know exactly what you want and then just contact a few dealers until you cannot squeeze any more out of them.
    Im currently in the market for a new Honda Odyssey VTI-L with some extras. Did a ring around some dealers and the best so far is $46k.
    Always been interested in trying a car buying service so gave one a go - $49k was the best they wanted to do.
    Friend in the trade says they just use 2 or 3 dealers and work on the premise that the less discount they can get you to accept the more comm they get from their friendly dealer.

neK likes this.
  10. neK

neK Well-Known Member

I can't picture these car brokers trying very hard. It makes sense that they have a few dealers they are friendly with and get prices from them.

For most people, getting $1000 off driveaway price is awesome. I would expect at least $5k off minimum.

alexm likes this.