Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Vanguard - SMSF

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by Greyghost, 7th Apr, 2016.

Tags:
  1. orangestreet

orangestreet Well-Known Member

I have looked at the member direct option for Australian Super a few times. I have also considered ING Super (direct investing) as well. However, I am now leaning more and more towards using the "Australian Shares" option within Australian Super. Low management fee, historical performance is solid and no hassles with brokerage and whatnot.

From memory, I think this is what @The Falcon has as well. My wife's account is with this option now and I will consider moving mine into it at some stage too.

pippen likes this.
  2. pippen

pippen Well-Known Member

I take it this is in the DIY option mix with australian super? .31% fee per annum??

3. orangestreet

orangestreet Well-Known Member

Yep, thats the one. Look at its performance. Not too shabby.

pippen likes this.
  4. pippen

pippen Well-Known Member

Yep quiet solid, any idea how franking credits work in this option?

5. Newfast

Newfast Well-Known Member

Australian Super members directangular option can only let you invest in Asx300 and etfs no LIC's

6. House

House Well-Known Member Premium Member

Missed this question so emailed the author. He responded with "ING Living Super is the lowest cost that I know of at $360 p.a. and allows you to then invest in exchange traded funds (ETF) that start at only 0.04% p.a. This is a much simpler alternative to a SMSF".

IMG_5831.PNG

IMG_5832.PNG

Not sure how competitive the fees are but I'm with REST Super and their Core Strategy is .6%. Quick calc shows ~2% yield after fees.

I'd rather have all my Super in something like VAS for the next 30 years so looking for alternatives and the above sounds good :)

7. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

How is life insurance and income protection coverage for SMSF or the other super funds mentioned above compare?

Thanks.