Vanguard cranks up exit costs on Aussie bond (and other funds)

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Nodrog, 18th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Vanguard cranks up exit costs on Aussie bond fund

Redwing and Anne11 like this.
  2. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

ETF investors defy the virus panic

Investors in exchange-traded funds (ETF) are staying in the market but shifting to more defensive assets in big numbers, resisting the panic-selling phenomenon across global equity markets.

Internal data compiled by ETF managers suggest record numbers of investors are piling into products that provide access to bonds and fixed income investments, rather than joining the market sell-off.

“People are repositioning portfolios but they aren’t pulling out, even though people across the market are selling shares,” Alex Vynokur, managing director of fund manager BetaShares, told The Australian Financial Review

In the past three to five days, as the global sell-off in equities intensified, the fund manager's Australian Government Bond ETF has seen volumes 50 per cent higher than the corresponding period in 2019. That comes despite the relatively low yields on offer thanks to monetary policy.

Perthguy likes this.
  3. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Bond ETFs Face Toughest Liquidity Test Yet in Virus Turmoil

Anne11 and Perthguy like this.
  4. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised. VAS has always been in my investment strategy but it's been expensive. At $90 I csn afford to buy that many. At $60, it's a whole lot more attractive. I'm not surprised people are buying.

5. Glorion

Glorion Well-Known Member

Absolutely, I'm looking to go big into it once the dust settles, I think there's far more to come!

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia