ETF Vanguard Australian Shares Index ETF (VAS)

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by pippen, 19th Dec, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. scientist

scientist Well-Known Member

5.2 says the reinvestment price is basically as at ex div date, no mention of end of quarter

2. marty998

marty998 Well-Known Member

Implied to be end of quarter, as the ex-date is usually the first business day of the start of the next quarter (e.g. 2nd of Jan).

Snowball and The Falcon like this.
  3. PKFFW

PKFFW Well-Known Member

Has everyone else received the distribution that was supposed to be paid on 17 January? I bought my shares back in December, I've updated Computershare so they should be paid into my account and yet they haven't turned up.

4. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

Mine was in my account on Thursday.

5. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Same here.

6. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Have you checked very carefully the correct bank details were entered and / or it’s not set to payment by cheque?

7. PKFFW

PKFFW Well-Known Member

Double checked and confirmed that the correct bank details entered into Computershare. And while doing so realised that I had not actually stipulated for the distributions to be paid into that account. So I've done that now. Hopefully they will get paid that way and no cheque has been sent out yet.

8. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

He he, happened to me in the past.

9. PKFFW

PKFFW Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.......I just checked my emails and I think I will have to contact Computershare by phone to discuss.

I received email confirmation that I updated my dividend bank instructions for VAS right after I did so today. However, I also received an email on January 8th that is worded exactly the same as the email today (except for the reference number) telling me that I updated VAS bank instructions on that date too.

Hate the idea that my distributions are just floating around out there in the ether somewhere but nothing I can do until Monday I guess.

10. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

@PKFFW I think you will find Vanguard will hold the funds @ zero interest, until corect banking instructions are provided, i.e. no cheques will be issued. That is common with most distributions/dividends now.

PKFFW likes this.
  11. Zenith Chaos

Zenith Chaos Well-Known Member

I received VGS, VAS, QOZ and MVW dividends on Thursday. Banking / trading with CBA / Commsec.

12. PKFFW

PKFFW Well-Known Member

After calling Computershare the issue was found. Vanguard did an issue run on the 3rd of January for payment on 17 January. As my bank details were not entered until the 8th, my distribution was held. It will be paid on the next records round up date of 29 January. So at least I know where the money is, why it hasn't been paid and when to expect it.

Redwing and SatayKing like this.
  13. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Phew @PKFFW , that's good news. Does indicate a need to get into the share registry asap after T+2 to get all the admin details right.

PKFFW likes this.
  14. PKFFW

PKFFW Well-Known Member

Sure does. Bit slow because it's my first share purchases. But it's all sorted now and I know the process for next time. :)

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia