Value of real estate agent

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Nathan J, 20th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nathan J

Nathan J Well-Known Member

Sorry - you sold it for $100,000 less than the owner had been trying for?

craigc likes this.
  2. Nathan J

Well, that would definitely be worth considering. That raises a whole other side of this discussion: where does an agent add value when the house is going to auction? In a market flooded with buyers, I mean.

3. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

Probably not clear. Lets say he was about to accept an offer in the low 500's I sold it for high 600's

Nathan J likes this.
  4. Nathan J

That makes more sense! Definitely a silly thing to attempt if you aren't a good negotiator and haven't done your research. And, as I have said from the start, it would only possibly make sense if there are a ******** of buyers.

5. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

Exactly right. It is becoming a bit more common at the moment where I am working but I do here a lot of feedback from buyers that they don't like dealing directly with the owners. Even if they get a good result I always do wonder how much is left on the table.

6. New Town

New Town Well-Known Member

The basic value proposition is easier to get your head around when you know that agency is simply the intermediary between the seller and the buyer. It's facilitating the transaction.