NSW Value for money newish estate

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Tony101, 5th Feb, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tony101

Tony101 Member

Looking to buy a 4/5 bedroom house in a newish estate with walking distance to local primary school for under 750k. So far we have looked at Box Hill, Marsden Park, Scholfields and Jordan Springs.

Have we missed any suburbs in Western Sydney?
    What do you guys think about the new estates between Liverpool and Campbelltown ?

geeza likes this.
  2. geeza

geeza Well-Known Member

PPOR or investment?

Tony101 likes this.
  3. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

But why a newish estate? All those suburbs listed have plenty of stock available with tiny lots of House & land Packages.

Did you look at an established suburb like Quakers hill?

Tony101 likes this.
  4. Tony101

Tony101 Member

geeza PPOR

AAA2214 Nothing under 750k in Quakers hill. Cheapest one is 840k

5. geeza

geeza Well-Known Member

I like marsden park as a PPOR, great family suburb with good growth potential. Schofields is known for flooding and Jordan springs has some issues due to previous ADI site.

6. RichardN

RichardN Well-Known Member

I sold mine in Nov 2019 for 780k, decent house on 550 square meters block. I think you can get under 750k if you are ready do some basic renos.

7. qwertyui

qwertyui Well-Known Member

For PPOR brand new house in new estate, I ll go for Bardia. Small estate so limited supply, walking distance to train station, decent primary school rating with a recent 35mil upgrade. a 1.5 bil shopping complex will be gradually in operation next door from this year. Change train at Glenfield for the express train line, 45mins total on travelling to the city is not bad.

Looks good enuf for me.

For most new estate, nearby train station are always overloaded that parking is not feasible. If you work in the city, you need to plan out carefully otherwise may end up travelling 90mins + one way for bus and train.

Someguy likes this.
  8. Someguy

Someguy Well-Known Member

Spot on! Many of the new estates have poor access to public transport and due to the small blocks and overall density and sprawl have bad traffic issues. Jordan springs comes to mind here as an avoid due to inefficient and infrequent busses to train station and traffic issue

9. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

Keep looking there will be one that will come up which needs little reno. Buyers see value there definitely and its mostly a owner occupied suburb.

Value wise it should be good when you compare with the some neighboring suburbs like ponds, schofields where you will be lucky to get a 300-400 sqm block land for 600-700k and then you need to shed 350-450k more to build a single storey.

Blocks in Quakers hill are big with mostly above 500 sqms and above and thats where the buyers are jumping in