Vacancy Rate - is it accurate?

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by goproperty, 29th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. goproperty

goproperty Member

I am looking at the vacancy rates of a few "new" suburbs in VIC and have found that they are so low compared to people telling. So just wondering how accurate this so called vacancy rate is.

For example -
    tarneit - 1.92%
    Berwick - 1.05%
    Wyndham Vale 1.28%

and some old but cheap suburbs -
    Hoppers Crossing - 0.97%
    Seddon - 1.79%
    Werribee- 1.56%
    Epping - 1.3%

Blue chip suburbs -
    Burwood - 1.72%
    Hawthorn - 2.73%
    Box Hill - 3.65%

source: http://www.realestateinvestar.com.au

So are these accurate? It doesn't make any sense to me that those cheap or new suburbs are having that low vacancy rates.

2. Iamnumber5

Iamnumber5 Well-Known Member

It's also important to see the volume of rental property and the time on the market.

I do it manually by making list of properties available for rent, and track it on a daily basis. This allows me to have a better understanding of the market. I have been doing it for the last 6 months.

3. Gypsyblood

Gypsyblood Well-Known Member

I would say it's about as accurate as the price estimates of houses on these sites. Take them with a pinch of salt and best to call a local REA to understand rental demand.

4. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

FYI - berwick is not a new suburb. Has many 'new' H&L suburbs close by however.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia