Utilities in an IP

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by JTjia, 10th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JTjia

JTjia New Member

Hi,

First time poster please be gentle =P

I am going to be settling my first IP soon and the utilities have been off in the property for some time now. At the time of settlement if I intend on renting the property out do I need to have them switched over to a provider? Or is that left up to the tenant.

The other problem is during the building inspection the inspector was unable to check plant and equipment because of the lack of electricity. The place was won at auction so there's no subject to b&p clauses. Just wanted to know what actually happens if there is a problem would something like title insurance/ or another insurance cover non-working p&e?

J

2. 380

380 Well-Known Member

You bought it at auction so it is as is..

If appliances aren't working, you will have to fix it at your own cost.

Utilities will be transferred over to your name by your solicitors at the time of settlement. Then tenets will have to open an account at their choice of gas and electricity provider.

3. JTjia

JTjia New Member

Thanks for the clarification!

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice