Entertainment & Music Using VPNs (or whatever) to watch OS Netflix

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by geoffw, 13th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

What do people use to watch overseas Netflix?

I used to use a vanilla VPN for a while before they blocked that. I used Getflix but it stopped working- they kept saying a solution was around the corner. Did they ever find a solution? Is there another way of accessing?

2. Abradolf Lincler

Abradolf Lincler Well-Known Member

http://bfy.tw/CPJt

spludgey likes this.
  3. geoffw

Gee thanks.

I was hoping that somebody might have some personal experience. Things have changed quickly in terms of accessing Netflix, and a lot of people in here were offering good advice several years ago, so I was after something where people had first hand knowledge.

4. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Expressvpn is what I use. Easy, quick and 24/7 live support, so if one US Netflix locations stops working u can ask and you'll get told the new one

They bring said though it is rare you'll need to go ask, pretty stable.

Netflix UK is pretty great actually as you get a lot of the Aussie and English stuff we like plus a good amount of US Netflix

Just checked on my phone and no issues, ATM for Netflix specifically us location to use is Los Angeles 3

Last edited: 17th Jun, 2017
    geoffw likes this.
  5. geoffw

Thanks Sanj. That's exactly the personal experience I was looking for.

ExpressVPN have been promoting themselves a lot, but after my experience with Getflix I was a bit skeptical.

I used to find Latin American sources good. They sometimes had shows available in not many places, plus I could turn on Spanish subtitles to help my language learning.

6. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Does the VPN slow your connection down?

I have NBN connection and found out the maximum speed I will ever get is 25MBS

7. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Once in a while I'll notice it being slower but it's pretty rare, tbh that's how I found express VPN, a previous one I used did slow the connection down significantly and drove me mad.

You won't have any issues getting your 25mbps, my folks generally have over 80mbsp and I've never noticed any slowdown when I use a VPN at theirs, likewise with using 4g

Terry_w likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia