Using socionomics to explain why Labor will win the election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kitdoctor, 23rd Dec, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mickyyyy

mickyyyy Well-Known Member

Yasou rayyyyyy! Yeh way to many large changes that scares ppl. A small part of me goes I wish they get in a **** UP everything which will create opportunities...

2. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I don't know how many people are going to be affected. But as Labor were trumpeting big $$ from the budget, I can't see that the numbers affected will be trivial.

I can see a Catch 22 with people close to the income limit on getting a pension. Let's say they are $5,000 below the limit, so they get a pension and are entitled to dividend imputation. They receive $6,000 in imputation refund - which then outs them over the pension limit.

I will be affected. That's because I sold a business to somebody who then declared himself bankrupt, owing me $400k. I have zero chance of getting a single cent. But it takes several years for the receivers to finalise his assets. In the meantime, the $400k is counted as an asset for pension/unemployment benefits, which puts me well over the limit.

3. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    The economy grew more slowly in the December 2018 quarter than it has for 15 years. On a per-capita basis our economy actually shrunk over the last half of 2018. Household living standards are lower now than they were not just at the last election, but the one in 2013. The economy is struggling and the major parties needs to start facing up to it.

qak and Lizzie like this.
  4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I've just learnt that the pensioner exemption only applies to existing pensioners. If somebody has a low super balance and becomes of pension age after the cutoff date, they will not get dividedend imputation credit.

5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Cripes - they aren't half making it confusing.

But my thought was more that, if they lose the credits then they possibly qualify for a part pension/pension - rather than regaining the credits which would bob them back up into losing the pension.

kierank likes this.
  6. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

I am no longer so sure about the outcome of this election! ... :rolleyes:

7. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

This is a fantastic read. Thanks for putting it together. Does your outlook change based on the charts given the performance of the ASX in the last 6 months?

8. kitdoctor

kitdoctor Well-Known Member

@Morgs this is post #10. Move over Anthony Green!

Morgs and Redwing like this.
  9. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

kitdoctor, 24th Apr, 2019

upload_2019-5-19_7-52-39.png

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

....and a reflection of AUD slipping to 68.4

11. kitdoctor

kitdoctor Well-Known Member

Stock market indexes are the benchmark sociometers of the current collective social mood that is present in a given society. The stock market is just one area where individuals express their mood (through buying and selling stocks). The benefits of an index are many. For example, 1) lots of data, 2) "clean" data, 3) most immediately reported data, 4) lots of historic data, 5) briefest lag between mood and actions that express this, 6) broad representation of the society under study etc.

Many/most economic measures are not useful in understanding current collective social mood because, for example, the data is sparse, lagging, is confined to selective reporting periods etc.

Exchange rates/currencies (meaning their price movements) adhere to the Elliott wave principle but are not useful as a sociometer of collective social mood.

12. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

I understand that a slightly lower $A is good for the economy

13. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Bellwether @balwoges?

Called it how long ago??

14. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Low AUD is great for aussie gold stocks and particularly the ones with low production costs.

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 1.04.36 pm.png

kierank likes this.
  15. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

About 10 days ago as his list of 'I'm going to' grew longer ... :rolleyes:
    Australians dont live in fairy land and recognise when they are being being sold a pup.

Last edited: 19th May, 2019

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia