Using SMSF funds to buy a property I can live in?

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by Claire Marks, 26th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Some very experienced investors and professionals on this thread are scratching their heads.

think youve found the geniuses advertising on facebook that discovered a secret no one else knows and is willing to teach you?

or.

run.

2. Curious2019

Curious2019 Well-Known Member

Reading this thread with interest. Taking a step back, why would someone buy a home to live in with their super from an investment point of view (which is what super is for - to pay for our retirement). If you run out of other funds and have to sell your home in retirement than that is not ideal.
    If it sounds attractive because you have funds in your super and can’t afford to buy a house without those funds, then I’d say you need may need to think about purchasing something more affordable. You can use a SMSF to purchase commercial property. If you are in pension phase you could potentially use the rents as part of your pensions and use that money to purchase a home/pay off the mortgage, but that’s no different to buying shares and using dividends to live off..

3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Cashconverters for property.com.au

4. Claire Marks

Claire Marks Member

Thank you. I searched this on Google. Very scary stuff.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia