International USA Sharemarket - a view of a minnow

Discussion in 'Sharemarket News & Market Analysis' started by sash, 9th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I have been watching the reaction of the administration and how they are handling the CV contagion. Well it is obvious...thesey are sticking their head in the sand. The Fed did the right thing but a lame administration is going to let this all down. The globe still depends a strong US...without this a lot of countries will go into recession. China will pull out okay ...they seemed to be very focused on containing CV and also keeping their economy from further degrading...I see none of this out of the USA.

Here is what I see for the US:

1. The number of CV cases will overwhelm them...to the point they will need to shut down part of their economy.

2. Based on previous experience this will lead to violence....a large part of their population has guns so maintaining law and order will be very hard for the authorities. Chaos may reign.

3. If think the supply chain in China is affected...wait till the US is affected....

4. Unemployment is going to rocket up.

4. The US housing market will take a big hit...it is going to be as large as the one in 2008....maybe worse. As people become unemployed...they have even less resources financially to pay loans. They will simply hand back their keys and bail. It is not like Australia where people can be bankrupted.

Interesting times...lets see what happens.....

Last edited by a moderator: 9th Mar, 2020
    Rambo, Redwing and Alex Straker like this.
  2. sash

sash Well-Known Member

3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

The US markets got hammered. Anyone who is invested in US housing is in for a very rough time...it does work like the Australian market. The other issue will be the rental delinquency rates will now go up dramatically....

Stocks plummet as coronavirus fears grow

4. meme plecko

meme plecko Well-Known Member

@sash IF this is a repeat of GFC 2008, would you consider investing in US housing if it crashes again this time (with AUD as low as it is now)?

5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

No ...I am at the tail end of investing...I want to start enjoying the fruits of my labour.

However, if Sydney tanks...I would consider some purchases...

To me the US is to high maintenance...and too far for me to keep track of. I don't think people understand what happens in the US when the financial markets crap it.....it affects housing hugely. The safer markets are San Franscisco, NY, LA, Seattle, Chicago. Other markets are hugely volatile....

charttv and Redwing like this.
  6. meme plecko

meme plecko Well-Known Member

but those juicy yields... that (and share dividends here) could speed up me hitting my retirement targets...

7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

yes but today AUD has been hammered, I would only be buying in US if you have USD

.... and shares who knows whether this is the beginning of a bear market??

Australian share market opens higher after tumultuous week

Last edited: 10th Mar, 2020
  8. sash

sash Well-Known Member

The Dow Jones was done almost 6% overnight...it is now a Big Grizzly Bear...clawing down!!

I also...feel the property markets are also ******!!

I think when people realize how bad CV is in the USA....there will be carnage. If this happens...as always it will take out the Housing market there...it functions very differently to the UK, NZ, Aussie, and Canadian markets...which are much more stable. But even there it will have varying impacts. For example...if it take hold in Sydney...that would have a very dire consequence for that property market. I see this also the case in Melbourne and Brisbane....as I have said before.

Last edited: 12th Mar, 2020
  9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Its all going to *****

i concerned about job losses in Oz and retailers folding

Still plan to go ahead with my development, wish me luck

Silverson likes this.
  10. sash

sash Well-Known Member

It looks like it economically....

My partner's H&L is just starting now...small amount.

I am more concerned about the US...as if they do down...we are in trouble. I think we will feel the pain from China not producing stuff very shortly...it going to be a very bump ride. Unless people have cash...they are going to be in trouble...

11. MangoMadness

MangoMadness Well-Known Member

I think we are lucky in a way, the US economy has been going strong with record low unemployment so we are at a good base point to fall back from.

Imagine if corona had hit during the GFC or other period of significant weakness and we not only had a health crisis but also a significant financial crisis at the same time, I think that would be a very worrying scenario.

12. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Just think over the next few months if the same happens every week and faster then 2008-2009 ..

My wife is in the US now and talking to my Wife an hour ago people are literally flipping out over there as they now are about to confront two conflicting beliefs ..

13. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

14. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

upload_2020-3-13_5-37-6.png

upload_2020-3-13_5-40-13.png
    Another interesting day ahead for the ASX as we go into a weekend

sharon likes this.
  15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Quite the opposite is happening in US
    Housing markets still booming, low inventory

Anyone want to comment on US stocks???

GDP up 33%

US GDP rebounded to grow at record 33% in Sept quarter

Interesting times, I expect after election the stimulus package will go through

16. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Bored.jpg

pippen likes this.
  17. BunnyXiao

BunnyXiao Well-Known Member

Melt up then meltdown. I think interesting things will happen next year with regards to paper money and the truth behind the strength of the financial system above the street level of what we see.

18. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Interesting things happening now. Had melt up with Pins last night opened up 40% giving me a 100% gain,. closed 27% up so finished with 75% gain and some small starter positions in AMZN and ATVI after reducing overweight position on Pins. Good gain with NOW too, up 5.5% overnight,

19. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Been seeing interest things with PPH for a while now with the redundancy of paper money and cheques

20. mtat

mtat Well-Known Member

Yawn.