US economy under Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MTR, 18th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Anyone paying attention
    I can tell you my properties continue to soar in USA, I am loading up.

Got to thank Trump for this one:)

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if Trump is now having his products made in the US. His steel? His ties, shirts?

And Ivanka's products?

Do as I say, not as I do... :rolleyes:

Ed Barton likes this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I will keep it balanced folks, so that we don't get caught up in too much trivia and keep sticking to the facts.

As what Ivanka is doing, no idea? Probably doing what most successful business people do

On a smaller scale.....what are we doing in Australia? Are we buying only Oz products, oops I do like Italian shoes....
    unless we look in the mirror first we should probably not throw stones.

Doncossack, MWI and Phar Lap like this.
  4. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Apparently not - but also happen to be exempt from tariffs

How did Ivanka get out of Trump’s trade war?

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Tax cuts round two... this is what voters interested in.
    As I have said many times, Trump is kicking goals, but mainstream elite media ignoring this

Serveman likes this.
  6. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

That's OK to buy Italian shoes because its what Italy does best including Ferrari's and other exotic things and they should be applauded and encouraged to continue doing.
    As far as Australia is concerned our strong points these days are agriculture, mining and tourism.
    The other element though has been that Australia has always done "life" well including health, community spirit and charity and good living standards, but this is one area that I feel is possibly being challenged due to successive government policies that have not been in the interests of Austrslia for the long term.
    The planning of out cities has been poor and we are too slow building infrastructure light fast rail between the major capitals.

7. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Oh boy - more Fox and Friends ... so excited :rolleyes:

spludgey likes this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Good points
    I believe our public health system is one of the best in the world.

9. wylie

... but Trump is saying Make America Great, bring back industry to the US.

Is he doing that for his own financial businesses?

And you cannot choose what is trivia. Isn't doing what you force others to do by imposing tariffs worth discussing. What about leading by example?

You cannot just pick and choose what topics you are prepared to discuss.. if it is uncomfortable for you, just call it "fake news" or "trivia"?

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

His not only saying Make America Great, he is actually achieving this, I have already posted information with facts, statistical data on the state of the economy.
    I could continue posting stuff on manufacturing stats etc. but it will be ignored anyway so I cant be bothered.

The next question is how many people are actually staying on topic regardless....?? It evolves, as long as we accept we wont always agree, so what.

Tariffs is an important issue and another thread on this, however, we just don't know the outcome, there is currently the good, bad and ugly...

Trivia is what I identify as fiction, not supplying evidence/facts to support the claim
    It becomes a slanging match, with no logic and boring, same old same

MTR:)

Last edited: 18th Jul, 2018
    Serveman likes this.
  11. wylie

You don't watch or listen to anything that doesn't fit your ideas.

Do you think Trump should use steel manufactured in the US? How about his ties, shirts etc?

Ivanka's shoes and clothing?

The staff at his resort. What nationality are they? How much are they paid? Are the documented?

His buildings... what nationality were the cheap labourers? Documented?

If he is MAGA by forcing companies to make things within the country, why doesn't he do that too?

What you call media BS or fake news is anything that doesn't fit your agenda.

Last edited by a moderator: 21st Aug, 2018
  12. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Strangely enough, I do follow and read your links - because I like to be educated with information from all sides.

Be great if the links weren't 18 months out of date or a really really biased website - if it's a biased website I like to try and find more commentary from known neutral sources and post that.

Even more strange is that when I point out the above (old or biased) - or disproven by a reliable source - they are simply ignored ...

But that's okay - I've got my popcorn at the ready and won't say a word when the "told you so" moment occurs - I'll just let it sink in :D

radson and Foxdan like this.
  13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

The links on economy are relatively recent.

Reliable source, ignored because either .....does not mention names, no evidence or both or liberal media reporting, once again not disclosing sources.

Same as you wont take on board what Fox reports, at least they have a mixture of lib guests on their show, don't think liberal media does this.

At the end of the day if its just a story no actual evidence I will certainly take it with a grain of salt as I would do if buying property. If someone on a forum tells me a certain suburb is booming, I am not a sheep, I will do my own research to determine what is happening on the ground

MTR:)

Doncossack and Serveman like this.
  14. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Economy sure, but still not as robust as the latter Obama years - what about the Russian article link two pages back that I pointed out was from April 2017?

15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Once again, no evidence to support your statement

17. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

No sure where the "once again" comes from as I generally provide evidence but you simply chose not to read it ... but seeings you seemed to have missed it when Geoff posted them on the Tariffs thread I'll put them up again.

And - in case you've forgotten - Obama was January 2009 to January 2017

Screenshot (431).png

Screenshot (432).png
    Screenshot (435).png

euro73, wategos, wylie and 2 others like this.
  18. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I suggest investors load up ..... property.... Trump or no Trump its boom times

19. radson

radson Well-Known Member

Here is another pesky fact from a non partisan source. I actually beleive that administrations have less effect on an economy than what is 'advertised' but still interesting to see the trends below.

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 4.22.39 pm.png

20. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

I suggest investors bail out of the US at it's peak. Trump is on course to wreck the country, the severe downturn coming their way will be the final wake-up call to his blinkered followers. Trump will of course try to blame it on anyone but himself.

Donald Trump promised a trade war. Should we let his voters get what they asked for?

He's a sad embarrassing wreck of a man

Lizzie, wylie and Foxdan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.