Urgent! Settlement Reduction

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Kai41314, 26th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

You might also need to see the wording of your building inspection clause.

Because if you have structural issues and there is a major fault but not structural then you cannot claim building.

As other have said depends on the market and the price you have paid.

Not relevant to your situation but if you bought the house for $100,000 less than FMV on a 500k house then it would be hard to get a further reduction of $15,000.

As you said the vendor has another offer which they can go back to but request the vendor to reconsider the price to be $15,000 less and if they say no then you have to decide to accept as is or they might go look at the other buyer.

2. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

...and what's the outcome?

3. Kai41314

Kai41314 Well-Known Member

It is common in Melbourne that contracts can only subject to structural issues but in Queensland it is different. I have exited the contract. I felt that is too much work for me and vendor got another contract waiting.

Last edited: 27th Aug, 2015

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia