NSW URGENT Help - Tenant from Hell

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Sha, 15th Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

They probably do, they most likely do not want to get involved in any of these matters, and, whats the bet, that the cops know who they are....happens a lot in towns, they do not want to be accused of anything either, cause the dirtbags have it over everyone....

I would do same, focus on if you have the legal right to posses, and move swiftly if yes, change locks, and advise police so the prior tenant can be charged if they trespass or break in.

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  2. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

It's not helpful for the current situation (can't un-do what's already done) but would the tenant's previous similar behavior in QLD not show up as a red flag on some sorf of tenant database when doing verifications/checks? I certainly hope so

3. dabbler

Not likely unless they are put on a DB by a PM, and someone has a way to talk to prior manager/s, which there is none, this is where proper screening comes in, and many PMs def do not do vigorous checks.

4. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

That's why these type of low life's lease properties that are self managed. They are more likely to find an inexperienced LL. One who doesn't have the knowledge or means to do a thorough background check or know how to act decisively with a professional tenant.

Perp, TMNT and Michael Mitchell like this.
  5. Sha

Sha Well-Known Member

I was able to contact the QLD guy, who happened to be in NSW police force! Anyway, he said he did not bother to list them on database, because there were too many to choose from! If he put it on one and the next person checked the other...etc.

I checked on NTD and no black listing showed up. Just a Real Estate enquiry, no bankruptcy, that was about it. I understood I was checking across all databases at the time, duped there too.

I certainly will be listing them.

Thx
    Sha

6. dabbler

I know of someone who takes all the reject tenants from commercial PMs, see, the rules are different with them, but you have to be prepared to get involved and use some muscle, no good pussy footing around with some people, they will not only walk on you, but clean their boots and set fire to the mess they leave.

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  7. Sha

Sha Well-Known Member

Hello Thatbum (& your real name too)

Submission was successful!

Thank you very much for bringing me into focus & for your expertise!

Only just received word today, after calling them...rather busy & had not sent me notification yet.

Is of no immediate help though financially as have to chase the $6k odd ...(& growing) ...via magistratres court.

At least the nightmare is over...almost...still dealing with pest control, cleaning & repairs.

A new issue surrounding a pool & the agent...council fine that pool not capable of holding 30 cm of water, so don't need compliance certificate, but not good enough for agent...wants it removed or won't manage for me...no time for this & stretched to limit financially! (Rolls eyes).

Find new agent? Pffft.

Anyway thanks again, to everyone 's input, much appreciated, even the fish throwing or whatever it was

If you know of a good trustworthy smart caring agent on Central Coast ...do tell!

Sha

HUGH72 and Michael Mitchell like this.