Urgent advice needed on agent-what would you do ?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Agent99, 30th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Two weeks on and what's changed?

Too many photos - too much information does you no favours. Lose the third - 5th bedrooms, one photo of main and 2nd bedroom only, stepdown/enclosed veranda, one photo of the decent bathroom (you can see that the bed is pushed up against the wall so the bedroom is tight), one of the yard, kitchen & lounge.

5-7 photos tells a story, 24 is a mini-series.

You want heads through doors at opens.

2. Agent99

Agent99 Well-Known Member

Yeah your right, it is a bit of a photo album isnt it !
    Have now added some nice planted pots at the front as I always thought it looked too plain.
    Will be interesting to see how many turn up for todays open.
    Was a good earner at 5 students x $180.00 week. Time to move on now...next challenge.

3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I just clicked the link and agree there are too many photos (now that it has been mentioned).

Also, I like the white painted brick and think you should add some "frenchy" things, clipped plants in pots (sounds like you've already done that but photos need to be updated).

There is a very similar house near where I live and they have added little tweaks that hint at a french provincial feel without going too "Disney" about it. Maybe a french love seat near the front, or black wrought iron "something" with plants spilling over to warm it up and give it some personality.

And push for the listing photos to be reduced (as mentioned) and if you dress up the facade with plants, pots, furniture push to have the photo changed ASAP. You need someone to want to click past the first photo.

4. wylie

Just looking once more at the listing, and this is not meant to offend you, but that large dark timber furniture dominates so much that I'm looking at it instead of looking at the spaces themselves. Can you store it somewhere and put in lighter, more modern furniture? We dressed a whole five bedroom house for $4.5K including patio and yard pieces, all french inspired, light and bright. It made a huge difference.

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Soundi

6. wylie

Nil comprendo?

I think it needs something at the front to add interest.