Up for the Challenge

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Angel, 13th Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

While there clearly isn't the land/space here, it's also a lot more liveable before you get any of the work done. Also, the first one had a lot of steps to traverse before getting inside - not good on the knees as one becomes 'more mature'.

2. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

Really Wylie? I have always wondered about how much effort it would take to turn those really old Qldrs around. Do you have any before / after pics? We're thinking of doing some renos / flips in semi retirement.

3. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I'm starting to see how this is really doable. I wasn't going to consider character Qlders, but since they are there to pick from - why not? I dont care too much about termite damage either - if it is up on stumps, most things are easily rectified. I had suspected that the cheapest houses are all in the flood zone, but not necessarily. Maybe they are having an over supply issue at the moment :D

Off now to check the train timetable - I 'm getting used to peace and quiet where we live now - but in the three hours we were in Gympie yesterday, I didn't see or hear even 5% of the traffic or road noise. Plus full Optus coverage the entire time.

Perthguy likes this.
  4. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

chindonly likes this.
  5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

We are doing two now. Both were in pretty bad shape when we bought them, but we renovated both immediately after purchase just to allow decent tenants to want to rent them. Both had original kitchens and bathrooms. One had one three door cupboard and a sink. That was the sum total of the kitchen.

We lived in probably the oldest house we've bought and I had a similar quality kitchen for a year. Hubby plumbed in a temporary dishwasher for me. It was awful living like that with three little children but we kept our eye on the end result.

I plan on putting up before and after photos once we are done.

chindonly likes this.
  6. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

Great. Thanks Wylie. Maybe we can talk more about it at the next Brissy meetup.