Up 5% in Two Weeks

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by kierank, 21st Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

No envelope for @Sackie now :p

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Suuuch a teacher's pet!

@kierank fine! keep your Hong bao. None coming your way either! And that's after just selling a place so all cashed up :p

kierank likes this.
  3. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

That's a good way to look at life mate,as a lot don't live long enough to enjoy that part of life as most end up on tax payer funded sit down money and are still looking for someone to blame..

SatayKing likes this.
  4. kierank

All going into debt reduction :D.

Haven’t you heard, the end of the world is coming, this year some have told me (and more than once) ...:eek:

5. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Ta. An attitude which has evolved over time and more than likely embedded following my wife's passing. Money is useful for sure but that is the extent of it really. Although I appreciate I am in a very fortunate situation from that aspect. Way better to have more than enough then the reverse.

Heck, it's enabled me to lash out on buying a couple of jigsaws - no, you blokes, the puzzles not the electric toys. Back to completing one while having a mug of coffee with Mozart in the background while the world rolls on.

Zenith Chaos, KittyCat, Froxy and 5 others like this.
  6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Its the usual panic of the herd as well as the whining/stats being shot off by the forever gloomers . Nothing unusual. Main problem imo is it all comes back to the fundamentals. Good buying and strategic planning to reduce overall investment risk. Simple fact is - most 'investors' are pretty much clueless and make all sorts of silly mistakes so when markets rumble (as they all do), many get into all kinds of strife while the savvy investors sit back waiting. It is then, that the savvy lot will wait for deals to pile up before they start picking them off and keep them in their goody sack for the next cycle and or value to be realised. So for the herd its mediocre or poor performance in the RE markets while for the other lot, they mostly smile from cycle to cycle. Same story over and over and over.

Imagine you had all the failed businesses (overwhelming majority) come and post their experiences etc. It would read like a never ending depressive story warning everyone to never open a business. Yet so many also do very well. The secret of success really comes down to the details, not what's happening in broad markets., imo.

Re RC, What I'm hearing from my broker friends is that this RC could end up being a royal PITA for brokers.

Last edited: 6th Feb, 2019
    pippen and kierank like this.
  7. kierank

Stop side-tracking my thread or I will get you banned :p.

WRT the RC, so far there are three items that I don’t understand/can get my head around:

1. The dumping of s_hit on the MBs. IMHO, the world is a far better place with MBs.

2. The setting up of an oversight organisation for ASIC and APRA. What a waste of money (office rent, admin staff, office furniture, computer systems, management, ...). Give that money to ASIC/APRA, give them more legislative teeth (if they need it), and let’s get on with the job.

3. How bank/insurance companies took money from dead people. I were recently the executors of my mother’s Estate. I (and my sister) separately tracked every cent that came in and out of her Estate. We understood that was one of our duties. Were executors/solicitors being complicit? If so, why weren’t they charged?

Back to the original thread ;).

8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

giphy.gif

kierank likes this.
  9. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Whoo hoo. My super just smashed through the next 10k mark. Keep going!! :)

kierank likes this.
  10. kierank

Things are recovering!!!

We are up 9.90% since Xmas but still down 1.89% for the FY

Hopefully we will be 8+% by the end of the FY