Unused swimming pool

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Hetty, 12th Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

placing chemicals in a neighbouring property ?
    with the owners permission of course I assume

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Chlorine tabets will work poorly in stale water and a initial hit of liquid chlorine may help. DONT over do it or chorine wont work at all. Then maintain with tablets in a floating dispenser...monthly ? Even supermarkets sell the tablets. Fill it monthly. May need to tie it to the deep point (tie to a half brick ) to stop it drifting to sides and sitting out of water.

[​IMG]

Hetty likes this.
  3. Hetty

Hetty Well-Known Member

Of course. And as I’ve said several times, we have a good relationship.

Thanks @Paul@PAS , I think this may be the solution I’m looking for.

4. Something_Wrong

Something_Wrong Well-Known Member

Do as Paul said and make sure it has a little weight tied to it, if your wanted to use a boat Oar, Paddle or even a shovel to stir the water up for 5mins after the initial liquid has been added.

Does the pool pump work? Maybe set it on a timer to run for 30mins per day, removed the filter as you just want to stir the water around. The the son can sort it out every 3mths.

Hetty likes this.
  5. Hetty

Hetty Well-Known Member

She isn’t running a pump. Just lets it fill with rainwater and the grandson drains it every now and then.

6. Never giveup

Never giveup Well-Known Member

After recent rain, I can see this some kinda fly mossi type insect in a group/school of 20 or something floating on top of water, I have bumped up the clorine but any suggestions are appreciated.

Attached Files:

7. Paul@PAS

Water boatmen. They look like they are rowing oars. There is algae in the water you cant see...They can. They eat mozzie larvae!! so mozzies will bring then on. They can predict algae growth and are a sign. Algecide and Ph which will support it are wrong. Chlorine shock (at night) may also encourage them to go away but they will come back as chlorine drops. Dont overdo chlorine or it stops working. Then they bloom. Without a filter algae will develop and bloom anyway. A pool filter removes it. Without the pool filter operating 6 hrs a day you wont really fix anything.The pool sides are probably the best algae source. Brush sides too.

8. Never giveup

appreciate it @Paul@PAS , I turn the filter off when it is raining or stormy and yes, it has been over a month since I clean the sides due to various reasons.

I have put the filer back on this morning and added 10L liquid chlorine to kick start the chlorinator.
    I have added the sunscreen and calcium in Oct, but might top it up after it gets clean.

PS- Is there anything you do not know @Paul@PAS , accounting/shares, MB, FA, pools, fences- one names it and you have the answer!!! kudos to you !

9. Paul@PAS

I know that the ******** pool gave me the ships and its gone and the hole filled and the whole yard is nicely landscaped now. Officially the covid project took 15months and finished last Sunday. Thank **** it has consumed almost every weekend. I dont regret it. Keeping a pool clean is a juggling act you cant win without spending more money. Its like burning $50 notes to keep warm in winter.

My wife knows all the things I dont know. She reminds me daily.

Never giveup likes this.
  10. Never giveup

May I please have the details of the landscaper you hired to fill the pool to do the costing.