Unsolicited Calls from Marketers

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by Foxy Moron, 28th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I too get really annoyed by charities calling - however - when they constantly send me free pens etc in the mail, I keep the pens thank you very much.

Made the mistake a few weeks ago of doing an online survey - basically saying I wasn't interested in any of the services on offer - almost instantly bombarded by very aggressive sales people for about a week before my telling them of "not interested" they finally tapered off.

Yes - charities cold calling or mailing just put me off

2. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Charities have become big business!!! Not for profit? I'm not so sure these days to be honest... The way they hound people someone up top has to be on the take. I reckon 80% of the money is going to line the pockets of the people working there and the last 10-20% to the actual cause.

mrdobalina likes this.
  3. keithj

keithj Well-Known Member

I give them some honest feedback that I suggest they pass on to their supervisor.....

I will NEVER donate to anyone who disturbs me in the privacy of my own home.

4. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

The ones I really hate are the automated dialers - you answer "hello?" and there is a pause as it connects you to a real person. I don't respond well to any cold callers, but if they don't even make the effort to have a person dial my number, they don't get to speak to me at all.

Cheers,
    Inertia.