Unrest in the USA at the moment

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by balwoges, 31st May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

I do think there's a few different factors here though. It looks to me in the Michigan situation local police resources at hand were insufficient so they had no choice but to de-escalate a potentially dangerous situation. Since so many were heavily armed it would have been stupid for the few police to engage more aggressively. The story would perhaps have been different if riot trained squads were set up to protect the building from an expected protest.

Was it legal for them to open carry in the capitol building though? And even if it isn't, I think it clearly shows the ludicrous situation in America that you can have these deplorable characters (surprise, surprise, one was giving the Sieg Heil in the building) armed to the hilt in a confined area frequented by politicians they hate. What's telling is Trump later called the Michigan protesters 'very good people'. That's pathetic and divisive.

Perp, wylie, MTR and 1 other person like this.
  2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

How do you separate this? rioters and peaceful protesters???

When you figure this out let me know

Doncossack75 likes this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

not saying its right, just saying what happened.

Also 25 states where there is anarchy is a tad different to protestors in 1 building in MI

I wonder how this media coverage plays out, it actually creates a greater divide. I think this is the aim ......
    shame on the media outlets that are working against the people

Last edited: 3rd Jun, 2020
  4. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

Spot on

5. George Smiley

Unfortunately it will. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a lone wolf or even a co-ordinated right wing terror attack in the coming months because right now a lot of those types are watching this fuming, genuinely believing their country has been lost to the Liberals, Jews, Marxists etc.

6. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

Anyone spotted Jarrod or Ivanka lately?

7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

FBI have already identified an extreme left wing group involved in the riots. Nothing would surprise me moving forward ???

8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

LOL

9. George Smiley

IMO most of the property damage in the riots has been opportune in nature but I'm willing to bet that some of it has been carried out by radical left individuals who despise private property and all systems of authority. Some genuinely want to overthrow the system but don't realise the void left in its' place would be truly horrific. They may not all be antifa but they are linked by a similar ideology.

The radical right and left are both toxic, but they are very different beasts in behaviour and approach.

Toon, Doncossack75 and MTR like this.
  10. New Town

New Town Well-Known Member

But now that you mention him... Shapiro's view is that a disproportionate amount of crime including murders is in areas of higher single motherhood.

Hence incentivising the cohesion of the family unit is an idea to help.
    (edit: I see another has mentioned this)
    Ann Coulter is another one on this point

11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree with you

12. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

The rioters are the ones rioting. The peaceful protestors are the ones standing peacefully, or kneeling, hands up, not mouthing off, not rioting... not that hard to differentiate really.

Lizzie, gman65, Bunbury and 3 others like this.
  13. wylie

I've hesitated to post because there is not proof as yet, but the person who started smashing windows, and then skulked away when challenged by other people asking if he was a cop was actually identified by his ex-wife. This is being challenged, and I've just checked and so far, it is still "unproven". I will not post a link because the cop is identified in the article, and he may well be innocent.

But there are many links to the fact that police can, and have infiltrated protest groups. Here is just one from the recent US situation. For those who don't like the article or newspaper I've chosen, there are many others that from different media organisations.

Category: | Herald Sun

Lizzie and Anchor like this.
  14. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

Are you talking about ANTIFA?

15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

? Just mentioned extreme left and extreme right, FBI will probably identify groups down the track

never heard of this group until
    Yesterday

16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes thats correct, but I already knew this... thanks

History will record the events that occurred in 25 States on 6 days?, you can not exclude one without the other.

17. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

You said the FBI had identified a left wing extremist group, was wondering which one.

18. wylie

I can. Iā€™m talking about one incident at Lafeyette Park and comparing it to one other incident. Do you see the difference in how the people were treated?

Lizzie and shorty like this.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.