Unnoticed excess water usage

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Antoni0, 6th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Antoni0

Antoni0 Well-Known Member

I've heard from two people that they were billed directly from here in Qld but uncertain how legal it is.
    These tenants aren't too bad in water bills compared to my past ones, the water content part of the bill is around $200 a quarter and I didn't mind paying as I can claim it on tax. I'm already deprecating some large repairs from previous years so it's going to take a while to see my money returned. These houses are just an on going expense, by the time you get your money back you've already spent a heap of it back into the house.
    It most likely doesn't help any that I do my tax returns late but something I need to get onto a bit faster.

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

BCC certainly doesn't bill the tenant directly. Which is a crying shame.

KayTea likes this.
  3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know they charge a lot, all of QLD is awash in water and they charge a motza for it.

All this stuff is part of owning IPs unfortunately, I just got an email this AM with another water heater problem...it does not stop.

All you can do is beg urban utilities.......but it is not hidden, whoever went for the emergency repair is the one who should have twigged.