NSW Unfinished house in Marrickville

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by neK, 23rd Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Just wondering if any one knows what's going on with this particular house.

1 Charlotte Ave Marrickville
    https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...f4e29b86cf75a5a!8m2!3d-33.9149113!4d151.15615

https://eproperty.marrickville.nsw.gov.au/eServices/P1/eTrack/eTrackApplicationSearchResults.aspx?r=MC.P1.WEBGUEST&f=$P1.ETR.RESULTS.VIW

It's been like this for several years now. I've been seeing it everytime I am on the Bankstown line heading towards the city.

Is there more to this story?
    @Depreciator @Taku Ekanayake

Taku Ekanayake likes this.
  2. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

I walk past that place often. It's a duplex. They got the walls up, but then it stopped. Must have been at least two years since anything happened. I guess there are a number of possible reasons: there are illegal/defective works and the council closed it down, the bloke ran out of money, a developer bought the site and is trying to put up a block of flats (he'd want the block next door, too).

3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Ran out of money, in a legal battle (and also run out or money) or started work and then found nsw transport wants to take over ?

Who knows.

Used to be one I drove past, it was semi finished for ages, but someone was living there, over 5 years or so they finally got it looking like a finished place.

Running out of money once you start something is a bugger, cause no one will likely finance.

4. Taku Ekanayake

Taku Ekanayake Well-Known Member

@neK I drive past every week on my way to woolies. always peaks my interest.

There used to be a large Meriton banner across the front of it for about a year. the Meriton banner has been taken off since the past couple of months.

never looked further into it.

5. aussieB

aussieB Well-Known Member

6. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

I heard a couple of weeks ago that the owners of the unfinished building had a change of heart and were applying to increase the height of the building and turn it into a boarding house. There has been some rezoning of late and this may have made this possible. Goodness knows how they turn a duplex shell into a multi storey boarding house. I'm guessing they'll demolish and start again if they get approval.