Unethical Property Managers

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Ald, 23rd Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

I thinks it's best if we see other people. It's not you, it's me. .... actually.. no, it's you! Please dont call or post anymore
    Goodbye

luckyone, JenW, kierank and 2 others like this.
  2. 158

158 Well-Known Member

He must be really fun at parties hey?

pinkboy

tobe, Scott No Mates and DaveM like this.
  3. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

There are inefficiencies in all professions, I do not think that it is fair to label an entire industry as a drain, when many thousands of people rely on the industry (and the vast majority of professionals in it) on a daily basis.

Last edited by a moderator: 4th Dec, 2016
    733 and JenW like this.
  4. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

Sorry I have my experience with many property managers and real estate agents. So many people I talk to have similar experiences.

My experience shows that 95+% of property managers and real estate agents are good, professional, hardworking people.

luckyone, JenW, balwoges and 6 others like this.
  5. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Pfffffttt that don't impress no one bro

I've got a Rhodes scholar, MD at one of the world's largest financial institutions and someone who has run the business school for PhD and MBA at 2 big ivy league type joints including being Dean in past in my extended family on both sides and and all of them would readily admit having just a paper qualification but being barely able to function outside that, be it thru social issues or simply being a tool, means bugger all.

Dont wave that **** around it doesn't impress anyone, definitely not even those who you would look up to

kierank, Sackie, WattleIdo and 2 others like this.
  6. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

And yet despite all those degrees your ramblings are barely coherant :)

7. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Lol

8. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Who knows what works today to get a job.

I am finding that the best thing in Australia is to have a job where people have to come begging to you. Basically whereby you can tell them to get lost if they don't like something. Many Doctors are like that. Some very experienced programmers who get paid really well and their bosses would never dare annoy them.

9. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Maybe you don't understand them?

10. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Actually I checked. It was so many years ago. It was summa cum laude.

But you have a laugh.

I look forward to the times when implants are used here in order to evolve people here. Education is too difficult. Most prefer to drop out at year 10. The good work has begun. There is hope.

Experiment: Wirelessly Control a Cyborg Cockroach

11. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

I guess you have fully understood where mateship came from in the Australian context.

It was begun by convicts who gained their freedom and had to deal with honest immigrants or soldiers or the general population who were not convicts. They began to equalise everybody so that they did not have to feel inferior. Genetics and culture is handed down. That culture and mentality was handed down.

I reject completely your argument. It's another form of tall poppy mowing that Is the national sport that everybody loves doing. It results in the bright Australians ultimately moving to other countries and taking their companies there with them. They can't thrive here. If a person who goes to university and does hard subjects and devotes long hours of study towards development of their minds and does work that results in the thriving of the country, creating jobs galore, opportunities or creates something huge, is rewarded less then a brick layer there is a big problem. The system here absolutely crushes innovation and entrepreneurship. This is something that must change immediately or the country will fail.

I remember in 1997 talking to an Australian overseas, a very successful person, so intelligent, when I told him I was thinking of moving to Australia. He said " why would you want to go there? Aargh is such a useless place"
    I said "but you are Australian , what's wrong with it?" not wanting to bellieve him and being an eternal optimist that I was.

" Aargh mate everything, absolutely everything, no freedom, so many stupid laws, you can't do anything, nobody thinks, it's just a mess"

Now I know what he was on about.

12. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Promises promises.
    Can't you just ignore me and my posts.

13. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Well my excellent tenants have announced they are leaving. Not good :(

I called one of my good agents and she has left. I called another and his company no longer does leasing only after an idiot tenant sued his company. Honestly, how can people be so stupid?

So I am stuck calling idiot agents trying to find one decent one. Just got off the phone to an agent who claims to be the best in Belmont. He bragged to me about a listing he has near my house where he has not had a single enquiry. He also claims he is too busy to offer a leasing only service. He will only take on my property if I pay him 6.7% of the rent to manage it. Best in Belmont my ass

14. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Why should functioning outside that even be held against them. I also know academics who are completely socially inept.

I know one who, when I went into their apartment, where they had lived for 18 years, they owned a clothes hanger rack with two suits 14 of the same shirts, 14 of the same socks and 14 pairs of underwear and two pairs of shoes and a pair of slippers and sandals, board shorts for swimming and one or two tshirts and jerseys. That's it in one bedroom there was an ironing board and a iron. There was a bottle of excellent very expensive whiskey in the kitchen, the fridge was used to make ice from distilled water he always had made in the labs at work, all meals were eaten in a restaurant or the university canteen and there was a bed. Around the entire apartment were stacked against all the walls, journals and books and papers on the floor, the desk was neat and the professor wrote everything by hand and had two secretaries at work to type. There was one very comfortable chair for the professor, a desk lamp and three chairs for guests. Nothing else. In 18 years he has only used the kettle in the kitchen and never used the stove. There was a washing machine and a heater. This professor has seen the world written text books and is the editor of numerous journals, if you go to Japan and say you studied your PhD under him they would bow and treat you like royalty. Anywhere in Europe you would get a job at the finest universities just because you studied under him.
    Here they know of him but that's about it.

This professor used to beg me to not chase a girlfriend and concentrate on my research work for the rest of my life. Every day I saw him, he would call me by name and say " remember for you especially, girls are all evil, you will absolutely achieve nothing unless you leave them alone".
    He would tell his brilliant female students the same thing. Urge them to not marry and devote their lives to research.

15. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

There are inefficiencies in all professions, I do not think that it is fair to label an entire industry as a drain, when many thousands of people rely on the industry (and the vast majority of professionals in it) on a daily basis.[/QUOTE]

Mick you don't know how inefficient, how wasteful, how disorganised and how unethical it is because you can't imagine the alternative. The area needs a revolution of reform and it has to start with the acts and legislation. It's stripping the wealth of the country and resulting in Australia not advancing.

The entire process from DA , to building, to buying, selling, renting and renovating needs to be completely torn up and started again with the highest of standards, the best planning and with the acts legislation and bureacracy minimised by ten fold and rewritten. The burdens placed in developers here is just crazy, it's actually killing the country and making it unsustainable and resulting in the worst planning and roads traffic and a thousand other things.

Buying a property should be a single piece of paper contract and no risk to either party. When you achieve that then you know that you have achieved all the aims of quality standards, acts and legislation plus protections. It means everything else is in place.

16. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

I am sorry to hear that.

I don't know a good one in Belmont.

Idiot only tenant sued? Why?

Perthguy likes this.
  17. Perthguy

Owner was self managing. Tenant and owner had a dispute over the bond. Tenant sued the real estate agency. Completely ridiculous of course. What is wrong with people?

18. Perthguy

Well this didn't end badly. I managed to track down a great PM who also charges a reasonable rate. He listed on Tuesday and had a tenant by Thursday. She is moving in tomorrow. In total the house was empty for 6 days. Brilliant stuff. The 3x1 across the road was vacant for 5 months! :confused:

luckyone likes this.
  19. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

Great outcome Perthguy :)

Perthguy likes this.
  20. Perthguy

I am very relieved. It's a terrible time to list and this is the house where the back yard is being cleared for a development starting in Feb. The tenant inspected the property when the guys were there actually clearing the site! I am amazed she signed up actually but she really liked the place and considering the above we listed at a competitive price.

JenW likes this.