Unclaimed Super

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by MTR, 18th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

And in the meantime, each super fund has a life insurance fund, taking premiums every year, until you either opt out or run out of money.

Perthguy likes this.
  2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

3. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

There are preservation laws for small accounts so they didn't decrease in value by much at all. I just found it pointless having 8 accounts, with each earning less than the annual fee. That's why I now have 1 super fund :)

4. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

Yes they alerted me but gave no details. The government website tracked the exact amount and source.

This missing money was from shares after a takeover. Normally payments are automatic but not always, I have shares in dozens of companies and didn't notice. Money eventually went to government after 2 years.

Perthguy likes this.
  5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I keep looking - under single, married and pseudo names - for the entire family - and are yet to find a cent ... dang

MTR likes this.
  6. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

If its under a certain amount you can access it.

Cant remember the figure but it was a few hundred bucks.

I cashed in a couple many moons ago. I used it to eat as it was during that "recession we had to have".

7. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

I'd be to embarrassed to say how much lost super I have claimed in the last month or so, only found them due to a financial advisor suggesting I do a search.
    One of my accounts did very well in the last 10 year's glad I lost that one.
    Best way to find any lost super is to set up a Mygov account then link It to ATO.

Perthguy and MTR like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia