Unbelievable?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Mabelle20, 12th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Mabelle20

Mabelle20 Well-Known Member

So i decided to make a lifestyle investment decision rather than financial one, and looked down the coast from melbs, about 2 .5 hours away. Inspected property last Saturday- has been on market for 9 months. Apparently vendor had too high price on it, so agent talked list price down. For me, the property ticked all boxes. Emailed agent couple days later thanking him and that I had been in contact with the bc, but could he send through some more info, as bc was not able to answer some questions. Agent then cc'd vendor in, so i was able to find some stuff out through vendor also. The next bc meeting was about to happen (yesterday) so RE agent said he wouldnt be back in at work until then, and would email the Doc through. That was yesterday, and didnt hear from him, so emailed him last night to see how he went with getting info i needed. This morning i wake to an email saying an offer had been put in through week, but rejected by owner. Sigh,... As an agent, would he not have contacted me if there had been an offer as clearly i had shown interst in the week after i viewed it? Is he having a lend? Shoukd I still submit a low offer in ( which is what i had intended to do as it had been sitting on market for so long). Is this typical tactics? What would you do?
    Cheers and apologies for my naivety

2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Could be anything. Maybe the offer was low so the agent knew it would be rejected. The agent doesnt work for you, so they dont have to tell you anything. Make an offer if you want it.

Marg4000, jim1964 and Mabelle20 like this.
  3. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Just shows that the agent is working for the vendor, not you. If the other offer was very low there may have been no point in attempting a bidding war with you. Also, the REA may have known it would be rejected outright if it’s been on the market for 9 months.

Remember, the vendor may be in no hurry to sell...

Did the agent tell you how much the unsuccessful offer was?

Mabelle20 likes this.
  4. Mabelle20

No he didnt tell me. Will prob put in what i would have offered and see what happens. Have read about strategies agents use but dont want to get so cynical I miss out on something. Cheers for your response.

5. Mabelle20

True, think i will make offer and see what happens. Thanks for response.

6. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

My feeling is; the vendor is waiting for an offer they are happy with, with no urgency to sell.

Mabelle20 likes this.