Unable to enlarge online plans

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Burramys, 17th Sep, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Burramys

Burramys Well-Known Member

Some properties for sale have plans. It would be nice if there were plans with all advertisements, as plans make filtering easier. Nearly all the online plans cannot be enlarged. When I take a screen shot of the online plan and put this into MS Paint or similar the enlargement is very low resolution. Some plans have tiny typeface, very hard to read. I took funds out of a REA payment due to them making a lovely plan too small to read easily, reduced from 11 point on the architect's plan to about 7 point on the REA advertising.

Why are the online plans such that they cannot be enlarged, why is the resolution so low, and why is the typeface so small?

2. Dan Wood

Dan Wood Well-Known Member

Ask the agent.

Sometimes the agent gets a small image or if I were them, crop it to get people calling up ;) .

Realestate.com.au may crop the image and may be showing a resolution based on your screen width (see HTML IMG src-set)

3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Copyright would be a likely issue. Anyone in need of actual plans wouldnt use those images. They wont want a high res image as the data impact for downloads affects costs and time taken to open pages Not all owners have floorplan drawings. And the agent may have suggested it and the owner said no to the cost. Device based issues can affect images. eg phones v laptop.

4. Burramys

Burramys Well-Known Member

Thanks. Surely the objective of the plan is to convey information. When the typeface and/or image is small and cannot be enlarged, does that not defeat the purpose of the plan? Yesterday I went to the OFI. The back of the flyer has the same plan that is on the website, about 100 X 170 mm. The plan was done by someone familiar with drafting software and techniques. The plan is in the form commonly used for advertising, with dimensions in metres inside the rooms. It very much seems that the plan was prepared for the sale.

I have a 27" screen, good resolution. The website plan that cannot be enlarged is not related to my screen.