Unable to decide on the applicant

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by b7277, 6th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

I would wait for Applicant #3.

Kael and DaveM like this.
  2. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

I would take neither

Ed Barton likes this.
  3. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

What they said!

4. aussieB

aussieB Well-Known Member

Bless your heart ! :D

5. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

How did you go with this b7?
    Did you choose one of those applicants?

6. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I had a tenant who was a single Mum with 5 kids . No major dramas at all. Centrepay was late once or twice but we worked out a plan. Stayed 2 years and then moved somewhere cheaper.
    In the same house I now have a couple with 4 boys :eek:.
    In between these 2 families was a single guy. The single guy was the one who I would least recommend. Pay often late and left behind quite a few maintenance issues. I wouldn't say that all single blokes are like this at all but my point is that you can't really pick it and looking for good references is the best you can do.
    I've learnt my lesson: big houses attract big families. But families get lots of money from C'link and they generally pay up and don't want to move and keep the place in ok order considering it needs a bit of a reno and is no oil painting How is your house?.
    See what option 3 throws up but I'd seriously consider option 2 unless you've just done a major cosmetic reno on the house.

7. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Wattle, I have managed literally hundreds of properties and have seen all sorts of demographics, I honestly cannot draw a conclusion about anything relating to people's personal circumstances.

Best bet is to check references and rental history and even that is not an accurate indication of future performance.

Sometimes the perfect double income couple with perfect references are the ones that are the most problematic and the single mum with 3 kids and a dog the is the perfect tenant, and sometimes not, you really just can't draw conclusions.

Landlords insurance is a must every time.

WattleIdo likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia